Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well when i installed my lift i had to remove the OEM mud flaps because they are garbage and they rubbed on my Trail Graps. i fabbed up these set back mud flaps from 1/8 checker plate but they still rub in the far corner, what can i do? cut the corner off or try to bed it back? i thiught these wuuld solve the issue of the rubbing on the oem ones. but in the good part these will protect my truck from rocks and such as they stick out a few inches. pics below!

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! i still have to figure out the rubbing issue! its just a small peice in the far bottom corner, in the last pic where the aarows are pointing. i looked all over the net and town for flaps like these. they wanted $250 for 2 so $500 for the whole truck. i said not a chance and made my own for around $50 bucks!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked at some like that but they are thicker and would rub more! this checkerplate is only 1/8.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I need to do the same but that hole that's left behind would drive me insane. I know, picky picky, but the factory should have supplied something that actually works.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you cant even see it standing up youd have to be crouching to see it. I thought about filling it in when i rock guarded the rocker pannels but it was too much work. i said f it haha

·
Registered
344 Posts
it looks like the part thats rubbing is inside the fenderwell so id say trim it off where it rubs if dont want to cut then put a small end in it on a angle to clear tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts