Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have extended brake lines but they are too short now. Im going to do the Fabtech way of doing the brake lines (bringing the hard line and soft line union down and mount to the frame). One question though. Does the brake line move freely between the bottom Adel clamp? Look at steps 39 and 41: http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/pdfs/instructions/Fabtech-install_FT25001i.pdf Any one with a Fabtech kit let me know.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I'm not good at writing so I drew it up instead, how I would do it... Personally, I think if you get the upper "junction" block relocated and securely attached, you should be fine, just find some other spots "downstream" on the brake line to secure it via the method at the top of the attachment.

Otherwise, you could simply take out one of the bolts for the bumpstop drop bracket, make a metal tab to fit there, bolt the tab on, and secure the flex/solid line to the new tab, similar to what they show there on the Fabtech thing.

I think what I'm trying to say is, as long as you have the "upper" end of the solid line mounted securely, you should be fine, however you will need to secure the "lower" end of the solid line somehow, but it doesn't have to be that perfect. Just enough to keep it from flopping around under there, and out of harms way.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have it all planned out. I just need to know if the line slides in and out of the bottom clamp or if the clamp is tightened on the brake line. Ill post pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
brake line is tightened to the clamp. Have to cut stock bracket as shown in directions to move brake line downward.

Reactions: 54warrior

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up not even having to worry about the bottom clamp. I just positioned the brake line block so the line is no where near being in the way of anything. I didnt have to mount as low as the Fabtech requres because I do have longer brake lines than stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts