Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've been wanting to put air bags on my truck. I searched a little but didn't find a definite answer for a fabtech lift kit with a air bag system. since it has the add-a-leaf can i still put on something like the "air lift" brand bag kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
Yes it all fits the same with AAL or not, it usually just clamps under your U-Bolts.

Reactions: zach93

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one more question if i get the c-30 deavers can i still get the air bags? would it need some type of spacer?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well if you add leafs you are now increasing the area between the leaf and fram where the airbags mount and you will have to take up the difference with a spacer. Depends what airbags you want. I contacted air lift recently because I have a 2" tapered block and c-30 spring pack. After emailing air lift and them giving me the incorrect info multiple times the spacers that they said would work won't because of the ride control system which is the only one offered for the titan. The spacers they offer will only work with their load lifter 5000 system so kinds SOL unless you machine custom spacers. So the only choice I will have for the lift on my truck will be the firestone airbag kit here Nissan Titan Firestone Air Bags 2004-2011 - (#2355) Suspension Air Bag Helper Springs and then they offer a spacer that is tapered to match the tapered block underneath too here Tapered Air Bag Spacers - 3" Air bag spacers - tapered (pair). I hope this helps you out, I know I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I need. I have the roadmaster active suspension installed right now too but with the 23ft toyhauler and the weight distribution hitch my truck just sags way too much so I will be selling the roadmaster active suspension and buying the firestone setup with the spacer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^ He is right. I had an air lift system and it did not work with my Fabtech setup. The AAL decreases the space between the mounting points of the air bag.

Reactions: zach93

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought the block didnt have an effect because its under the leafs and the firestone bags still sit on top of the leafs right? so is the spacer really there to compensate for the lift the deavers add?

·
Registered
422 Posts
i thought the block didnt have an effect because its under the leafs and the firestone bags still sit on top of the leafs right? so is the spacer really there to compensate for the lift the deavers add?
You are correct however the guy from airlift I spoke to didn't realize that and was telling to me to use the incorrect size because of that and then told me to use a spacer that wouldn't even work for that kit. Durrrr! :ftard: Some bag kits would mount on top of the axle and then you would be compensating for the block also however the way it mounts on our trucks you are just worried about the increased distance caused by adding lift via adding leafs. I was also stating about using a different spacer for my application because I have a tapered block so they sell tapered spacers to match to keep everything in alignment.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well guess what? I looked up the install instructions for the firestone bags and the good part is that it is a complete bolt in no drill installation but if you look at the pictures the kit will install on top of the axle and not the leafs so when I order it soon I will have to get a spacer big enough to take up the entire distance between the frame and axle. So I will probably go with a 4" tapered spacer due to the fact I have 4.5" of lift in the rear. http://www.fsip.com/pdfs/RR/installation/2355.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts