Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a new travel trailer and notice the refrigerator is not gas electric like my previous one. Does a 1st gen Titan with factory 7 pin charge it while being towed? If not can it be update to do so? I have an 12 SV 4x4 with tow mode. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
It should charge as the breakaway safety switch and trailer brakes rely on battery power to operate. Usually the fridge is a 3 way. Gas, battery and electric.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should charge as the breakaway safety switch and trailer brakes rely on battery power to operate. Usually the fridge is a 3 way. Gas, battery and electric.
Appreciate the input. The unit we are looking at is does not have the Electric/gas. I think all add an additional battery just as a backup just in case the other is out. We usually camp within 4 hours of our home in Tennessee but we do go to the Gulf of Mexico. That’s about an 8 hour drive.

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
That's odd. What camper are you looking at?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's odd. What camper are you looking at?
We are looking at a 2021 Salem Cruise Lite 263bxhl. It has a large capacity 10.7 cu ft 12 volt refrigerator.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are looking at a 2021 Salem Cruise Lite 263bxhl. It has a large capacity 10.7 cu ft 12 volt refrigerator.
It is has the floor plan we have been wanting and comes in at 5885 pounds. We currently tow a 5000 pound. Both are dry weight

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
That is a good floor plan if you need a bunkhouse. We opted for the rear living room plan and love it.

2013_Coachmen_Catalina_SantaraSeries_252RLS.jpg

Dry Weight
5,918 lbs.
Payload Capacity
1,723 lbs.
GVWR
7,700 lbs.
Hitch Weight
780 lbs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a good floor plan if you need a bunkhouse. We opted for the rear living room plan and love it.

View attachment 545678

Dry Weight
5,918 lbs.
Payload Capacity
1,723 lbs.
GVWR
7,700 lbs.
Hitch Weight
780 lbs.
Man that’s awesome! We have three kiddos so definitely need the bunks. I am going to upgrade to an E2 wdh instead of the pro lift I have. I tell you I never feel there’s not enough power towing it...just don’t like it when semis drive by. That suction increases the pucker factor! I added bilstein 5100s and it helped.

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
I like the stagecoaches that whizz by going about 90 MPH. Those will really move you around. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
LT tires at max pressure helped mine a lot. I also added air bags for a little more stability. I want to upgrade my WDH. Fighting those dang chains sucks sometimes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LT tires at max pressure helped mine a lot. I also added air bags for a little more stability. I want to upgrade my WDH. Fighting those dang chains sucks sometimes.
Understand! I have cooper discover at3s. I’ll try adding my air when towing. But you are right on with the chains!!

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
I am kicking around getting the Blue Ox hitch. It still has chains but a nice system to adjust it. It's a little pricey as well. This covid crap gets out of here, we have some long distance trips planned.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am kicking around getting the Blue Ox hitch. It still has chains but a nice system to adjust it. It's a little pricey as well. This covid crap gets out of here, we have some long distance trips planned.
Sounds awesome man! We have several local trips and going to order our new unit. Keeping the old one until the new one passes my inspection 😉

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not yet! We usually stay at state parks but have tried to stay at Anchor. We are staying at river front plantation in October. Going to try Anchor down next summer

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
We live close to Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley. There are quite a few fantastic places to camp close by. Most of the places we looked at or stayed at were too close to other sites. I don't like to be packed in somewhere. Myrtle Beach is a good example. You have to plan carefully if you want to put the awning out. Pickles in a jar is not a good time. LBL has some great campgrounds.

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
Townsend has some nice places too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Totally understand! I got a river site at the riverfront plantation. However I hate being packed in at a campground. 99% we do state parks or corps of engineers. We go to Gulf State Park in Alabama a couple times a year to get my Gulf is Mexico fix.

·
Premium Member
69,811 Posts
We want to go to Gulf SP, but most of the sites look to be right out in the sun. We have just driven through so I don't know the good sites with some shade.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts