Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought some factory 20s the crome ones they are super nice would they fit on a 275 60 r20 my titan is 2wd I was look at some wildpeak by falken I can get them for 775 shipped it says they 33 in online is that true? They are a passenger tire but all terrain... I shouldn't have no prob running these right? They are alot cheaper that lt tires.. So I'm trying to go with them any advice is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks man I'm undecided I got a 3 or 4 inch lift on it already and want something bigger than my 265 70 18s but tires are rediculous these days lol prob will just get over it and get some 33s or 34s or something around that size... The tire size is kinda confusing tho tbh and I don't want anything that will rub... But thanks for the response man

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
265 Posts
You're right about tire prices being crazy! And it seems like the more a tire costs, the shorter life it has. I have factory 20s with the factory size tires. I'd like larger, but I won't do it until I wear out the current tires. I just can't bring myself to throw out the practically new tires that came on my truck when I bought it last month.

Here's a good tires size calculator: https://www.willtheyfit.com/ You'd be amazed at how little difference in overall diameter some of the seemingly different tire sizes will give you. Make sure you're actually going to get the difference you want before you drop a big chunk of change on new tires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that's what I been seeing to... By the time there mounted and balanced thats 1500 or more lol I don't mind spending the money but for that price it better be like driving on clouds hahaha I've been doing some research amd looking online but hate to spend that kinda money and me not like the way it rides... I don't need no mud tires cuz I'm only 2 wheel drive but would like some good semi aggressive all terrain tires without spending a mini fortune... Does anyone have any suggestions on that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 19 Platinum Reserve. Stock tire is 275/60R20. I put the 3 inch icon lift on and tried to go up a tire size to 285/60R20 on the stock wheel. Needless to say, there was no chance of fitting without some serious fender liner cutting and even the pinch weld mod. Even with the 3 inch lift, the maximum tire size is 33 inches without rubbing, so essentially the 275 is as large as you can go. I put the BFG KO2 on as the 285 and driven it around for a week. Went back down to the 275, Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT(32.99”). Really happy with it in comparison to the BFG. It’s a lot quieter and comes as an E load rating if you need to tow. Plus it carries a 65,000 tread warranty vs no tread warranty. They are offering a $70 rebate right now as well.

Nissan definitely doesn’t give much room to put larger tires on. I assume if they are giving the 100,000 mile warranty they want to make sure you aren’t modifying it very much.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
265 Posts
Even if you stick with 33s (275/60) the tread pattern can make the tires seem bigger or smaller. Chunky AT tires with big tread blocks look bigger and more aggressive than the same size highway tire with smoother edges on no big side blocks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update... So I bought some new/used kanati trail hogs for 125 bucks mounted and balanced and put on they're 33x12.50r20s soon as I figure out how to post a pic of before and after I will... But I will say this... Just having those 20s make it look soooo much better! I'm in love with this truck even more I got 525 bucks in tires and wheels and couldn't be happier...
20200508_093933_HDR.jpg
20200703_135414_HDR.jpg
20200703_144232_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
265 Posts
Those wheels and tires look great! Wish my SL had come with the chrome wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 19 Platinum Reserve. Stock tire is 275/60R20. I put the 3 inch icon lift on and tried to go up a tire size to 285/60R20 on the stock wheel. Needless to say, there was no chance of fitting without some serious fender liner cutting and even the pinch weld mod. Even with the 3 inch lift, the maximum tire size is 33 inches without rubbing, so essentially the 275 is as large as you can go. I put the BFG KO2 on as the 285 and driven it around for a week. Went back down to the 275, Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT(32.99”). Really happy with it in comparison to the BFG. It’s a lot quieter and comes as an E load rating if you need to tow. Plus it carries a 65,000 tread warranty vs no tread warranty. They are offering a $70 rebate right now as well.

Nissan definitely doesn’t give much room to put larger tires on. I assume if they are giving the 100,000 mile warranty they want to make sure you aren’t modifying it very much.
I have a 2019 Platinum Reserve with leveling kit running 285/60/r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers no rubbing at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts