Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I am new to the site. I just bought a truck without cruise. I have read that if you buy the correct Nissan Steering wheel at a scrap place you can hook up the cruise fairly easily. Is this true? Any advice/experiences? I have heard also that you may have to buy a wiring harness and possibly get something done to the ECM at a dealership? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I thought all Titans came with cruise? What model is it? I had an 05 KC XE that was bare bones, even had crank windows! But still had cruise control. Maybe the 04's didnt have it?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I don't know about the Titan, but I will tell you this: it works just like that with my Kia. I wanted a manual transmission, and cruise wasn't an option. The controls and wiring are already there, and all you need is the steering wheel. I added the wheel and poof! Cruise. I thought all Titans had cruise, even the XE models. If not, there are some differences in wiring between XE, SE, LE, and that might be a problem. But it's a pretty cheap experiment - pull your airbag and your wheel and see if there's a wiring harness in there unused. If so, get a steering wheel and give it a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts