Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pro Comp 6" Stage 1 kit went on today. Looks sick, will post pictures soon. One question though; the mechanic said he couldn't get the factory front skid plate back on. Anyone had any luck getting it put back in place after installing the kit? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Pro Comp 6" Stage 1 kit went on today. Looks sick, will post pictures soon. One question though; the mechanic said he couldn't get the factory front skid plate back on. Anyone had any luck getting it put back in place after installing the kit? Thanks.
what yr titan do you have? I just did my lift and the skid plate will go back into its original holes and the pro comp kit also allows for it to be mounted to it in the back and factory holes in the frt so either way it goes on. The pro comp kit sends spacers for the frt.
2011-04-11_10-57-27_543.jpg

2011-04-11_10-58-03_668.jpg

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You can reuse your stock skid plate, you have to use the thick load washers (gold colored) that came with the install kit. You use one for each bolt hole. You also have to trim the right rear corner of the skid plate. Its all in the instructions, seems like your installer skipped on reading the instructions?

RBT, my Procomp kit didn't come with those spacers that you are using for your skidplate. Mine came with some thick load washers in a gold color. They are about 1/4" thick each. Strange but if it works, cool.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
You can reuse your stock skid plate, you have to use the thick load washers (gold colored) that came with the install kit. You use one for each bolt hole. You also have to trim the right rear corner of the skid plate. Its all in the instructions, seems like your installer skipped on reading the instructions?

RBT, my Procomp kit didn't come with those spacers that you are using for your skidplate. Mine came with some thick load washers in a gold color. They are about 1/4" thick each. Strange but if it works, cool.
I've got an 08 4x4
ya, they left the gold ones out of the kit and my installer made those for me but I took the off. @MarineTitan.....u can just use your original locations which is what I'm doing now thx to the guys on here. I took those spacers off that the shop made and used the factory holes and for the back just do the same instead of using the Pro comp holes and it will fit fine or if you have the pro comp spacers use those.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went and bought some new bolts and i was able to mount the front end of the skid plate no problem but the heads on the bolts are too small for the rear portion of the plate. However, I know what I need to do know. Will have to hit of the local parts stores tomorrow to see if I can get the right bolts with bigger heads. Thanks for the help guys, will be posting pics in the next day or so.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
RBT, weren't you having some noise issues when your kit was installed? Did you get them resolved?
Ya, the dust shield was loose causing the rattle. I fixed that. The shocks still squeak bad so I'm hoping they will break in. The kit itself has no issues. Not sure if my frt shock is causing the other noises but is definately crooked.
driver shock mount off.jpg

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Ya, the dust shield was loose causing the rattle. I fixed that. The shocks still squeak bad so I'm hoping they will break in. The kit itself has no issues. Not sure if my frt shock is causing the other noises but is definately crooked.
View attachment 120820

The shock really isn't crooked, per say, its designed to have same movement at both ends. If you reach in there, you should be able to twist the upper part of the shock back and forth. Judging by your photo, yours would be able to rotate towards the front of the truck. There's nothing really wrong with what you have shown in your photo.

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The shock really isn't crooked, per say, its designed to have same movement at both ends. If you reach in there, you should be able to twist the upper part of the shock back and forth. Judging by your photo, yours would be able to rotate towards the front of the truck. There's nothing really wrong with what you have shown in your photo.
Thx. I thought maybe that was the case since the rears are like that too but wasn't positive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts