Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently recieved my Titan back from a frontal collision. The body shop did not properly adjust the headlights. I did a seach and came up with this thread ....
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ry-foglights.html?highlight=aiming+headlights

Is the chart referring to the white screw that is seen form the top of the headlight assembly? I tried to turn that and it had no effect on the aim of the headlights. If I played with the correct knob it seems that it will take a lot of screwing to do the job (pun intended). I had to use a cresent wrench and it barely fit inside the hole , what size wrench is needed and which direction will adjust it up? :cheers:

·
Registered
909 Posts
There is a bolt on the top of both light housings. Wrench or star driver will turn it. Clockwise = down, counterclockwise = up. I did the leveling kit and one full turn on each stopped others from flashing me.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
krh2 said:
There is a bolt on the top of both light housings. Wrench or star driver will turn it. Clockwise = down, counterclockwise = up. I did the leveling kit and one full turn on each stopped others from flashing me.
is it white plastic?

·
Super Moderator
161,755 Posts
On my 06 I don't remember it being white. I thought it was black.

·
Registered
909 Posts
These only adjust them up/down. I have no idea how to adjust them lateraly or if you even can.

Driver's side

Passenger side

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the pics krh2, I was trying to mess with something completely different. I do not see it in your pics. No wonder it did nothing to the headlights. I am now curious to see what I was messing with. I will post some pics of the white plastic screw.

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
2007 TITAN LE said:
thanks for the pics krh2, I was trying to mess with something completely different. I do not see it in your pics. No wonder it did nothing to the headlights. I am now curious to see what I was messing with. I will post some pics of the white plastic screw.

I just adjusted mine. I have an 07 and my screws are white... It will take more than one turn to see the beam adjust.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do you happen to have pictures of the white plastic piece? I have that and don't see the screw on top and can't find a socket to fit it? I need to adjust my lights badly but can't figure out how:confused:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Do you happen to have pictures of the white plastic piece? I have that and don't see the screw on top and can't find a socket to fit it? I need to adjust my lights badly but can't figure out how:confused:
You need a torx wrench small enough to fit down in the hole to rotate.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a 2010 and there is a white screw on the rear of the headlight assembly you use for tilt adjustment. It is 10mm i believe. You can also use a star adjuster. I found a ratcheting box wrench works great.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
nice thanks for the info guys i just ordered some HIDs and will need to re-adjust. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts