Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2005 titan XE KC used and noticed that the light switch had an auto position even though mine didn't come with auto headlights. Also my wiper switch has a position for rear wipers (Armada?). Just curious to know if thats normal or a factory mistake. thanks:huh:

·
Premium Member
73,942 Posts
Did you do a carfax on it?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I bought my 2005 titan XE KC used and noticed that the light switch had an auto position even though mine didn't come with auto headlights. Also my wiper switch has a position for rear wipers (Armada?). Just curious to know if thats normal or a factory mistake. thanks:huh:
my guess is it got broken and someone put the wrong parts on it. I've never seen anything like that before.

·
Premium Member
73,942 Posts
Insurance gets lots of parts from the wrecking yards...I worked in a body shop a few years.

Reactions: OneQuick06

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I know it has been in a crash from the carfax (and just by seeing the body work!) I didn't think of it being repair work. I'm new to the forums and appreciate all your advice and opinions.

·
Premium Member
73,942 Posts
:hi: Glad to help, or at least TRY to help...:lol:

·
Premium Member
73,942 Posts
It probably compressed the column and blew the bags...much cheaper to go the wrecking yard route, and the parts bolt right in...

·
Super Moderator
93,962 Posts
Maybe the dude just got his shirt hooked when getting out and it snapped lol. Doesn't necessarily mean it was a car accident
If it's in the carfax report, and he can see evidence of body repair then it's an accident. Did you even read the thread before you posted?

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
If it's in the carfax report, and he can see evidence of body repair then it's an accident. Did you even read the thread before you posted?
Whoops, I read it before and saw someone ask about seeing the carfax. Never re read the thread to see that he actually had seen the carfax and the accident was confirmed. Sorry

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I think it was a pretty bad accident because I can see the whole passenger side bumper to bumper has been repaired. No, my truck doesn't have fog lights, but I want to get some.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's also possible that the previous owner was attempting to add automatic headlamps and factory foglamps when he or she realized that it was missing a few wiring harnesses and the programming in the BCM to run those functions. I'm not 100% sure if it runs through the BCM, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.