Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I purchased a 2021 Pro-4x. It has the factory remote start. Recently, in the morning my truck will start with the remote start, run for a few seconds, and then shut off. When I get into my truck my 4wd/Traction control/ and a few other lights come on. I start my truck manually, turn it off, back on again, and the lights go away. Then later in the day the remote start works fine with no lights. Dealer is having trouble diagnosing
Car Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Gauge

problem. Anyone experience this before?

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
You took pictures and gave a good description of the situation, maybe there’s a module they can replace and correct it. One thing that makes me crazy is the customer would not be there if the issue wasn’t real. They need to be able to diagnose things without being a complete failure.

Clint

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I hope they can figure it out. I love the truck and if you don't use the remote start, the truck runs perfect. This is my first vehicle with remote start.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think mine puts on that kind of light show when I use the remote start! 🙂 Does it just flash up briefly like it's part of the startup routine, or is it sustained? And once you step on the brake and press the start button, does it go back to normal, or do the warning lights stay lit until you shut off? Just trying to understand the symptoms.
I found it a little curious that mine lights up the infotainment display when I use remote start. I was surprised when I walked up to it and the map was displayed. Seems unnecessary to me, but I suppose it really doesn't affect the functionality of the feature.
I agree that this sounds like a dealer issue to correct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lights stay on for a while. I have to start it two more times manually for all the lights to go away. It seems to do it more on mornings when it is colder. Today it was 29 degrees and it did not work properly but, yesterday it was 40ish in the morning and it worked on the first try. It only happens in the morning. The rest of the day it acts normal. I think that is why the dealer is having trouble because they can get it to replicate the problem but, they would have to wait until the morning to see if it is fixed.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Thank you. I hope they can figure it out. I love the truck and if you don't use the remote start, the truck runs perfect. This is my first vehicle with remote start.
Mine is my second remote start vehicle and most of the time I forget it’s there and start it the old school way, I then have to endure the heat or cold climate of the particular day.

Clint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts