Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yea I changed mine too. I started with 1 12" and it didn't sound good, so I had 2 10" put under the rear seat. System sound great now.

rod b, about your question with the xm vs sirius, I have the exact set up you do. The sirius will only do one or two more features. 1, is the catagory search, not sure what 2 is. If that's your only concern, don't switch, It's not worth it. You won't hardly use that feature, it's on a different menu.
I switched because I was fed up with xm. Had it almost from the start, and thier music s$cks now. Sirsius is much better fit for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have 2 questions, when you took off your factory bezel and added the one from Courtesy did your airbag light on the instrument cluster light up and have to be reset? Also, I took off the original bezel this past weekend to get my XM antenna ran and to check out what all was involved in the radio swap but I failed to notice this next question....I'm assuming the A/C controls had to be removed from the original and moved to the new bezel? I'm getting my Scosche kit and Courtesy bezel tomorrow and I'm all set for the install this weekend. My Alpine 9833 w/ XM tuners are ready at the helm. I already had the wiring harnesses from my previous Nissan, so everything is tested, just gotta get the last pieces. I ran the XM antenna through the 3rd brake light, down the driver's side trim and tucked in the door sills and up through the dash and into the center console area. That is also where I mounted my universal XM tuner and Alpine adapter. I can't wait until tomorrow.....finanlly get my tunes back and a little better sound until I start replacing the speakers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I can help with the air bag light, A/C I don't know.
If you trip the srs light, you can reset it yourself.
do these steps 3 times, the 4th will shut it off
1. turn key to the on postion,
2. wait till the srs light comes on, then off, then just before it's about to blink
3. turn key to the off postion give it a 3 count then repeat above

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
The AC controls are easy. Unplug the two wire plugs from the ac controls. Then take out the screws holding the controls in the Faceplate. Put them in your new faceplate, screw in and connect the wire plugs.

To make sure you do not trip the air bag light again, do not turn the key to the on position without first plugging in the air bag light on the dash panel.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't believe so. Those are for the antennas on the side windows of armada's and qx56's.
Is your antenna out on the fender, if so you won't need it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
okay, just checking...thanks

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
My 12

coolvette said:
Yea I changed mine too. I started with 1 12" and it didn't sound good, so I had 2 10" put under the rear seat. System sound great now.

rod b, about your question with the xm vs sirius, I have the exact set up you do. The sirius will only do one or two more features. 1, is the catagory search, not sure what 2 is. If that's your only concern, don't switch, It's not worth it. You won't hardly use that feature, it's on a different menu.
I switched because I was fed up with xm. Had it almost from the start, and thier music s$cks now. Sirsius is much better fit for me.
I put 1 12" in under the back seat and it sounded great. The box ran all under the seat though with one hole for my 12" audiobaun. It isnt louder than crap outside the truck like I wanted but inside it sounds beautiful, crisp and clean with DEEP FULL BASS.

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
Nice setup!!! I used to have the Kenwood Excelon KVT-915DVD mounted in my Titan. I mounted the hideaway box in same location you did, worked perfect. The deck is one of the, if not the best audio/video deck on the market today. The Time Alignment and Parametric EQ is awesome. If you mate that deck with some serious equipment it will only get better. I ordered the Eclipse AVN5495 (designed for Toyota's) or I still would have the Kenwood..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.