Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the factory tint on my rear windows removable or is it a painted/etched on tint? I tinted my front windows to match and i keep getting pulled over, and in my opinion unless all the tint matches it just doesnt look right, id like to have all my windows to be a medium legal tint. Also my rear window has the center sliding window but according to my VIN it should be a one piece window with no slider, which i would rather have, why would it have been replaced?

·
Super Moderator
160,774 Posts
It's smoked glass. It's not a film of any sort. As to why yours would have been replaced? Your guess is as good as any.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Yeah its smoked. But why wouldn't you just take the front off and call it a day? A lot of people around here don't have there..

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I like it to match also, but tinted my fronts with 50% precut from Ebay. I think it still looks good.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Is the factory tint on my rear windows removable or is it a painted/etched on tint? I tinted my front windows to match and i keep getting pulled over, and in my opinion unless all the tint matches it just doesnt look right, id like to have all my windows to be a medium legal tint. Also my rear window has the center sliding window but according to my VIN it should be a one piece window with no slider, which i would rather have, why would it have been replaced?
What VIN decoder do you have that shows things like that for any Nissan? Nissans VINs don't usually show such items.
This tint is the actual glass. Not a film. But it's only the front side windows they'll ticket you for so I'm guessing you mean you're trying to get lighter rear windows to match a lighter/legal tint for the fronts? I think you'll be out of luck there. I kind of like a lighter tint up front than the rears but that's just me....it'll still look better than no tint up front at all IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts