Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bringing this thread back to the top!!!

Has anyone removed their cowls and painted them? How do you get the cowl off and what method did you use to paint?

Mine is suuuuper faded..

Thanks

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Digging up an old thread to give some advice on restoring faded black plastic that works for me. There’s not a lot of activity in this category so I hope you won’t thread rage;)
Black Kiwi shoe scuff cover or black shoe polish. It comes in a black squeeze tube with a sponge applicator. It might take 2-3 applications but will last years. Don’t apply to thick or it can get tacky. Plan on 1-2 coats To eliminate streaks and a 3rd coat in a couple weeks to deepen. Good to go for years.
Might stain paint. I’m sure you could buff out but use caution.
Ok technically it’s not restoring the plasticizers but it does make faded grey plastic black once again.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Have them painted at a body shop is your best bet. I use ams oil miracle wash spray and it looks amazing

·
Premium Member
70,136 Posts
Bedline it and forget it. Mine has been bedlined for years and it still looks great. Not that chunky looking kind. Clean the part real good and give it 2 coats. Easy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Use a heat gun it will bring the black out again, just be careful with the heat on paint, protect with a piece of cardboard. Only do on hard black plastic not soft stuff. Just search it on youtube.

·
Premium Member
70,136 Posts
And how long will that last?

·
Premium Member
70,136 Posts
Bedliner has been on my truck trim 10 years and still looks good.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts