Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed it!! Took me about 40 minutes start to finish. On my truck where the switch mounts to the existing hole there is a bracket in the way of the switch threads. I just unbolted the battery and that bracket and it was a piece of cake. Make sure you clean the entire wiper cowl really good. I did and that 3m on the back of the Led strip is so freakin' sticky it's unreal. It's never coming off Also note that the Led strip takes up pretty much the entire length of the wiper cowl so before you peel off the 3M make sure you test fit it to get an idea of where your going to start it. Also only peel off as much 3M needed to put on about a 6" section at a time to make sure you keep a straight line going down the wiper cowl. Pics do it no justice. JB is a hell of a guy and super cool to talk to over the phone. He's the real deal!!! Feel free to PM me with any questions also with the install maybe to give JB a little break. LOL As long as that's cool with JB:)

Attachments

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Looks good. Is that the white light?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. Is that the white light?
Yea white. I'm thinking of rigging up some kind of red just to use for test and tune nights. I have a good idea:) I'll post pics soon of it.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Looks great bro! Ya everything Jon does is very professional and legit. Ill be getting mine done once he gets the muscle interior mod all worked out. Lookin good!!!

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I like the look without the intake manifold cover. especially on the new ones, the cover is retarded looking.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the look without the intake manifold cover. especially on the new ones, the cover is retarded looking.
Yea I'm not to big on the cover either. I'm actually in the process of painting mine red and black but dont know how long I'll leave it on. I just want to see how it will look with the red light cover I'm fabbing up:) It will be red light with red and black intake mani cover and red and black s&b lid.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Yea I'm not to big on the cover either. I'm actually in the process of painting mine red and black but dont know how long I'll leave it on. I just want to see how it will look with the red light cover I'm fabbing up:) It will be red light with red and black intake mani cover and red and black s&b lid.
that'll be lookin either pretty sweet, or way too overdone haha.

How come you arent running headers yet considering you have uprev and have gone a thousand different routes with your exhaust set up?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that'll be lookin either pretty sweet, or way too overdone haha.

How come you arent running headers yet considering you have uprev and have gone a thousand different routes with your exhaust set up?

I still want that trophy for the first non headered Titan in the 13's:) I'm almost there, if not already there with Uprev. Ran a 14.27 with front cats and stock bpipes with BDGT. Now I have deleted cats, 2.25" bpipes and Uprev. That should put me close. If I don't break into the 13's when the track opens, I'll start saving for headers.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Fricken Shweeet! I also have an 06, but don't recall a mystery bracket between the battery box and fender, the last time I pulled my battery and box out to clean out all the off road crap... I'll have to take a look in the morning when I do my install... as for your track time, have you already done the TB bypass? (eliminates the hot water running through the TB), run your heater on max heat, dump the tailgate, leave the rear seats and useless tire changing jack and tools at home... lighten that bad boy up as much as you can, but keep the spare tire underneath for needed rear load to help the rear axle sit when launching... oh yeah, I am sure that this engine light mod just added at least 1 or 2 hp as well :rofl: good luck on breaking 13's bro!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fricken Shweeet! I also have an 06, but don't recall a mystery bracket between the battery box and fender, the last time I pulled my battery and box out to clean out all the off road crap... I'll have to take a look in the morning when I do my install... as for your track time, have you already done the TB bypass? (eliminates the hot water running through the TB), run your heater on max heat, dump the tailgate, leave the rear seats and useless tire changing jack and tools at home... lighten that bad boy up as much as you can, but keep the spare tire underneath for needed rear load to help the rear axle sit when launching... oh yeah, I am sure that this engine light mod just added at least 1 or 2 hp as well :rofl: good luck on breaking 13's bro!
No I haven't done the TB bypass yet, I guess I'll have to give that a shot. Even if it helps by .02 it's worth it. I'll have to find a link on how to do it:) Does running the heater on high help? And yes I already lighten it up. Thanks man

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Can you still get the wiper cowl off in two pieces. (for windshield replacements-God bless PennDot)

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
No I haven't done the TB bypass yet, I guess I'll have to give that a shot. Even if it helps by .02 it's worth it. I'll have to find a link on how to do it:) Does running the heater on high help? And yes I already lighten it up. Thanks man
TB bypass should help to minimize the increase of air temp coming in... As for the heater, read that some say it helps but some say it doesn't... I say, try it snd if it helps keep it on... ;)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Looks siick bro! Jon is a beast about this stuff! Haha it is funny that I dont even have mine installed yet :bangit:

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Pix from my install, along with the DrtyAzn Kill Switch modification... I did a "How To" step by step install write up in JB's original thread... Nissan needs to call Jon and get these installed in all future Nissan vehicles... better yet, Jon needs to start writing up patents for these products!!!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts