Nissan Titan Forum banner

Falken WildPeak A/T3W - 305/65R18

3514 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Shibiwan
I know...I know...another tire size thread, but bare with me. 2014 Pro-4x with stock 18x8 rims and tires. Looking to put on Falken WildPeak A/T3W size 305/65R18 on stock rims. Tried ordering them from Discount Tire, but they told me that size won't fit. My options are either a smaller width tire or different rims.

So...what is the general consensus on 305/65R18 tires fitting stock Pro-4x rims?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
they'll fit. stock size tire is already a 33. all you're doing is going wider. Discount doesn't like installing wide tires on narrow OEM wheels.
Reactions: 1
Thanks Honda250. I did finally order them from Discount Tire, but they initially refused to sell them with me buying rims too.

What happened to just ordering tires, and if they don't fit that's on me and my responsibility.
probably cause they are worried if the wide tire doesn't seat correctly on the narrow rim they'll be held liable but the idiots that are sue happy.
For all the Falken A/T3W owners...what air pressure is everyone running?
I'm assuming that tire carries an E load rating. Run the pressure up around 42psi or so, and check your contact patch. If it looks good, leave it. Adjust as necessary.

I'm running LT275/70R18 E load rated BFGs and I run 48 in the front and 42-44 in the rears. Wear is consistent and even.
I'm assuming that tire carries an E load rating. Run the pressure up around 42psi or so, and check your contact patch. If it looks good, leave it. Adjust as necessary.

I'm running LT275/70R18 E load rated BFGs and I run 48 in the front and 42-44 in the rears. Wear is consistent and even.
Just got myself a set for my Pro 4X (LT-275/70R18) last week and happy with them. They drive nicely and pretty well mannered even if I push them around corners. I'd say that they are close if not a hair better than the BFG T/A KO I had on my old Tacoma.

I have them set to 47psi all around (based on the TRA inflation tables) and everything looks good in terms of tire wear. Going to LT305/65R18 should put you at about 42psi all around, according to the inflation tables. Only minor concern is the minimum recommended rim for the tire is 8.5" vs the stock 8" rim. Never had the problem with mounting wide race/trackday tires on the old Honda Civic with rims that were 1/2" too narrow, and that was with 50-profile tires. Should be less of an issue with the higher profile tires since the taller sidewalls can accomodate the difference with less effort.

Interestingly enough, the LT305/65R18 (E) tires has a max load of 3525 lbs, maxing out a pressure of 65psi (65psi is typcial of a D-rated tire instead). Shouldn't be a problem though. The stock BFG tires are rated for 2505 lbs per corner anyway.

Source:
falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeak/t3w-tire
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.