Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving back from Phoenix yesterday and the fan goes to full blast all of a sudden. At all settings, it is either full blast, unless I turn it off, in which case it is off. Looking around the forum, it appears it is a resistor, although I don't have the first clue where to start looking. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found it myself it is the variable blower control module, big white plug under the passenger side dash. Takes about 30 seconds to take out, don't need to take apart the glove box like I did as well.

New unit cost 72 dollars at Mossy Nissan, but it's a dealer-only item so that's what happens sometimes. They changed the setup from a five-fin to a four-fin, hopefully it is more resilient.

Decent schematic here:

It's where "21" should be, except that it's a VBC, not just a resistor, which means it is bigger and incorporates the resistor into the entire unit.

Hope this helps anyone experiencing a similar problem.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was driving back from Phoenix yesterday and the fan goes to full blast all of a sudden. At all settings, it is either full blast, unless I turn it off, in which case it is off. Looking around the forum, it appears it is a resistor, although I don't have the first clue where to start looking. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
there is a recall for that

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
^^^^sure is!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
for older titans too? my 05 does it, I think I read 2010s have a recall on it..?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mine has been doing the same thing for about a month, just haven't taken the time to research the problem.

So is part "21" just a module that simple unplugs / pulls out from under the dash? Is it visible from under the dash, or covered up by something else?

Maybe one could be found at a salvage yard.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I found the problems with the VBC's I just replaced my 08 and when I took the original out it was stamped "Made in the USA" this sucker was failing from 6 months of ownership. The new one I just installed was stamped "Made in Mexico" I will bet anyone money it will outlast the truck!!!

Reactions: AcidJake75

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Mines been bad for about 100K now. What happens is the blower will rev wide open and then slow down back to normal. Only does it when the fan speed selector is is in the halfway position. I never put that much thought into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mines been bad for about 100K now. What happens is the blower will rev wide open and then slow down back to normal. Only does it when the fan speed selector is is in the halfway position. I never put that much thought into it.
I didn't pay much attention to it either until today when the fan selector switch went out all together. Does anyone know if that would be related and if there was a recall for 2005 models?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I didn't pay much attention to it either until today when the fan selector switch went out all together. Does anyone know if that would be related and if there was a recall for 2005 models?

Thanks
The recall has nothing to do with your A/C selector switch or the VBC.
Take a look at the VBC first, you can open it and see if the resistor inside is fried or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
milenkogt

I have taken the VBC out but everything looks fine with it...I have taken it apart and nothing appears fried but I am not sure what it should look like...I have tried to attached two pics of the VBC but they won't upload right now....

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok i am trying to piece everyones advice together for myself. i am not good with trucks/cars.
i have the clicking noise, does anyone know how to fix that???? and my ac/heat also goes on full blast or nothing at all. So I have to go under the the passenger side dash and replace the VBC????

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
vBC AND ACTUATORS.. FOR THE CLICKING NOISE..

Shoot me message with vin and I can see what I can do for you on parts

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts