Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pro4X
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got caught short without my jack so I decided to mount my farm jack on the headboard of the truck. Not wanting to pay $80 plus shipping for the parts I fabricated the mounts my self.

Parts:
1.5”x1/8” flat stock from Home Depot.
1/2” bolts with washers
1/2” supernut spring nut

I had about $25 in parts.

I cut the flat stock down to a length I though would work. Drilled a 1/2” hole at the top. Half cut the notches in the bottom, I believe all 3/4” apart to make the hook bend. I had to use heat to get it bent.

Just did a test fit and it works well.

All that’s let is to clean the metal stock and hit it with a rattle can.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,229 Posts
Make sure that thing isn't going to bounce up and smack your window. It doesn't appear to be secured to the mounts

·
Registered
24 Posts
nice work! I love that kind of stuff!
as to bouncing around, Just drill a couple of holes and slide a locking pin through them.

·
Registered
2008 Pro4X
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already done. The mounts are drying after paint right now and I’m working the next 48 hours so it won’t be till the weekend until I get it fitted up properly now. The base of the jack also rests under the frame rail some so I don’t think it’s going anywhere!

·
Registered
2008 Pro4X
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had looked at that when it was full price. Still happy with what I have and it still came in at less that half price.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,229 Posts
hopefully no one tries to walk off with it now. that was my fear with mounting my farm jack on my jeep, even with a lock. it resides leaning on my roll away in the garage because i use the heck out of it.

i got a taller one because my jeep had a large lift on it and i am glad i did. i have had that sucker maxed out trying to move some stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts