Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a currently EXTREMELY un-satisfied Ford F-150 owner. This POS is the second worst vehicle I've ever owned. I'm not going to bore you with details but the highlights include no power & piss poor dealer service. I am definitely buying a new truck in the next few months & the list has been narrowed down to the GMC Sierra & the Titan. I AM NOT a troll, I simply would like some real world input about this truck. I'm in the USAF & deployed so I really don't have the time to search thru tons of threads to find this info if it has already been discussed at length.

The truck will be used as my daily driver & I tow my motorcycles to the Blue Ridge at least twice a year in a 12X6 enclosed trailer.

1. How much do Nissan dealers "Wheel & Deal"? No one pay full sticker for anything GM makes so if the Titan has $30K on the sticker, how much is a realistic amount to offer the dealer?

2. What kind of real world MPG can I expect with a 2WD with the tow package. The Nissan website says 15-17. My Ford's window sticker says 15-19 & I rarely top 16.

3. Is the Rockford Fosgate sound system worth the $$$? I listen to Heavy Metal & I like it LOUD.:rockon

4. Any other advice?

Thanks
KC-10 FE out...

·
Super Moderator
160,820 Posts
For you first question, they'll deal. Maybe not quite as much as GM, but they'll deal. Check the rebates too.

Second question. Highway, 2WD NOT towing but with the tow package, 18mpg. Towing, less. More like 10 maybe, depends on the weight you'll pull and level/hilly and wind.

Third question. The RF system will do okay up to mid volume levels, then distorts to some degree. That's true with a lot of stock systems though, so you'd probably upgrade anyway?

Fourth question. Awesome truck. Drive it, you'll like it.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
rockford fosgate is deff. worth it if you dont plan on upgrading anytime soon and can dig out the cash for msrp. as for mpg i rarley check. i just know its chitty and worth it !!!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
KC-10 FE said:
I am a currently EXTREMELY un-satisfied Ford F-150 owner. This POS is the second worst vehicle I've ever owned. I'm not going to bore you with details but the highlights include no power & piss poor dealer service. I am definitely buying a new truck in the next few months & the list has been narrowed down to the GMC Sierra & the Titan. I AM NOT a troll, I simply would like some real world input about this truck. I'm in the USAF & deployed so I really don't have the time to search thru tons of threads to find this info if it has already been discussed at length.

The truck will be used as my daily driver & I tow my motorcycles to the Blue Ridge at least twice a year in a 12X6 enclosed trailer.

1. How much do Nissan dealers "Wheel & Deal"? No one pay full sticker for anything GM makes so if the Titan has $30K on the sticker, how much is a realistic amount to offer the dealer?
If it says 30 shoot for 27 or 27,500

KC-10 FE said:
2. What kind of real world MPG can I expect with a 2WD with the tow package. The Nissan website says 15-17. My Ford's window sticker says 15-19 & I rarely top 16
I get 15 around town w/4x4 Not sure about towing maybe PM Hudsonvalley and ask him he tows all the time.

KC-10 FE said:
3. Is the Rockford Fosgate sound system worth the $$$? I listen to Heavy Metal & I like it LOUD.:rockon ...
Definantly worth the money, and then hook it up with a Tech12Volt box.

KC-10 FE said:
4. Any other advice?...
If you must go 2x4 go with the LE with the big tow, you will not be dissapointed.I was once a big ford guy but I too have seen the light.

KC-10 FE said:
Thanks
KC-10 FE out...

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
My advise would be to drive em' all before you buy. If you ony tow a motocycle or two, there are many midsized trucks out there as well....with a cheaper price tag. Having said that, all I can say is....drive a Tiatn, you'll buy one. Just be sure that's what you need BEFORE you drive it because you'll be hooked. I liked the look of the new F-150 but can't understand how Ford gets away with calling that a 300HP motor. It felt (to me) like it was missing about 40 HP compared to the Titan. Good luck with your choice! Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
My advise would be to drive em' all before you buy. If you ony tow a motocycle or two, there are many midsized trucks out there as well....with a cheaper price tag. Having said that, all I can say is....drive a Tiatn, you'll buy one. Just be sure that's what you need BEFORE you drive it because you'll be hooked. I liked the look of the new F-150 but can't understand how Ford gets away with calling that a 300HP motor. It felt (to me) like it was missing about 40 HP compared to the Titan. Good luck with your choice! Let us know what you decide.
How many avg mpg you get towing and what set up do you have (2x4 4x4 BT??)

·
Registered
274 Posts
KC-10 FE said:
If you go for a left over '07 I would say you could get a 30k sticker Titan for about 23k. There is one at my "local" dealership that is 23,300 with a 30k sticker. '08s will be more obviously... I'd say you should be able to get them down to the 27k range from 30k.

2. What kind of real world MPG can I expect with a 2WD with the tow package. The Nissan website says 15-17. My Ford's window sticker says 15-19 & I rarely top 16.
My 4x4 non BT gets 18-19 in the summer and 12-15 in the winter. I'm guessing that a 4x2 with BT would be comparable. Less weight but more RPM at speed.

3. Is the Rockford Fosgate sound system worth the $$$? I listen to Heavy Metal & I like it LOUD.:rockon
Don't have the RF system so can't really comment. But you have great taste in music :rockon

4. Any other advice?

Thanks
KC-10 FE out...
Couldnt be happier with mine. For what you have described it looks as the Titan is a great fit. All the 'problems' from earlier model years seem to be addressed and fixed for the most part. Have fun shopping and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I ordered a brand new 08 Le with a msrp of 38,7XX and I am paying invoice which is 34,912. I will also be getting the rebate at the time of delivery. So if it is delivered before August then I will be paying 33,662. Over 5k off the sticker. If they have any 07 available when you buy then you can get even more off those msrp as they have a 5,000 rebate now.

I personally really like the RF system and would not upgrade it myself, but I rarely listen to HM as loud as it goes either.

Gas mileage on my 04 le 4x4 CC was about 13.5 in the city and around 16 highway. The 2wd will get better.

You will love the Titan so dont worry about the gas mileage. Also you will get more for your money in the Titan versus the GMC.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Ourbaby said:
How many avg mpg you get towing and what set up do you have (2x4 4x4 BT??)
I have Big Tow with 4x4, thus the lower final rear gear ratio
See my sig pic and you can see my setup
I mainly tow an 80 mile 1-way trip, 1/2 of it is flat expressway at 72mph, the other 1/2 is hilly state road at about 60 mph. I tow mostly in D but in the really hilly sections I go down to 4, andI always havthe truck in tow mode when I'm towing. I have seen 12.5 mpg, but my average is more like a tad over 11 mpg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought a leftover LE CC 4x4 '05 in 5/2006. Sticker was 35K and change, I got it for about 28K. No tow hitch, but everything else in it they offer. Flex Fuel Vehicle, I get 12-13 around town and about 16 on the highway with E85 and about 1-2 MPG more with regular 87. I looked at ALL the new trucks when I was shopping and was easily sold on the titan when I drove it!

Drove the F150, liked the look but the drive/ride sucked. Drove the GMC & Chevy and they were "OK" but not exciting. Dodge, LOVE the look of the truck but the HEMI got about 11 MPG at best and while it was the best drive out of the big 3, the titan blew it away. All of the "options" on the others were standard on the Titan LE CC, and it has the MOST cabin room available! I'm 6'3" and can sit in my back seat with the front seats all the way back and I have plenty of room (that's what sold me). Performance-wise, you won't be disappointed. I just did the DIY Airbox mod with a K&N filter and will be getting a new exhaust soon for even more fun! Look out HEMI's!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just bought an 08 CC LE 2X4 for $300.00 over invoice, $34100 out the door.
This is nice truck, ride is quite and supple for a truck. Plenty of power, but gas mileage is not that great, but i didnt buy it for that. RF system imho is very good, blue tooth works very well too. For the money you cant go wrong
with the Titan. This is the nicest truck i have owned to date.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i just got a 05 cc big tow 4x4 mpg is 15-16 mixed driving. i drove the ford chevy and dodge and toyota the toy was nice it was an left over 06 and little more than i was looking at spending it was nice then i found the titan and drove it once and bought it 30 min later. i had been test driving trucks for a month. i test drove the chevy 1500hd cc w6 liter and it could not touch the titan.

·
Registered
602 Posts
a word to the wise if u do not buy the upgraded warranty nissan does not supply a rental car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the useful info. I plan on driving both a LE & SE as soon as I get back from my little all expenses paid USAF vacation. I figure I'll be in the market to buy around the 1st week of October. I figure by then the local dealers will have more 08's on the lots.

KC-10 FE out...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts