Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been looking around and think I'm going to try and get a 08.5 Titan CC Pro4X in a week or so. Before I do I have a few questions.
What do you guys average for MPG? After how many miles did it start to go up from new? Are those super chips a good idea or do they void the warranty?
Are there any problems I should be aware? Or any Pro4X specific problems? I really want a truck I will have to do VERY little in maintenance.
Is it realistic of me to hope for the pro4x for right around $25k? I will be trading in the Saturn on it too but will try to get them as low as possible first :eyebrow:.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Hey guys, I have been looking around and think I'm going to try and get a 08.5 Titan CC Pro4X in a week or so. Before I do I have a few questions.
What do you guys average for MPG? After how many miles did it start to go up from new? Are those super chips a good idea or do they void the warranty?
Are there any problems I should be aware? Or any Pro4X specific problems? I really want a truck I will have to do VERY little in maintenance.
Is it realistic of me to hope for the pro4x for right around $25k? I will be trading in the Saturn on it too but will try to get them as low as possible first :eyebrow:.
Thanks!
Welcome. Yes buy a Titan. You can't wipe the smile off your face when you do. $25,000 should be more than adequate for a used stock Titan (at least here it is). I have checked my gas mileage on my '05 the last 6 times now and the average combined city/hwy is almost exactly 14. You may see as much as 18 if you're lucky. As for super chips, that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Reactions: b0ldfacelies

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Any more questions Dave? :lol:

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Hope you buy one!! They are great trucks (minues the issues)... I myself am kinda bitter as far as the issues I've had with mine. However I have one of the first trucks built, on a whole new production. Lucky me lol. But the 08/09 have very very little problems from what I hear. Drastic improvments from the 04-06 trims. 07's are probably the best years to date, due to the fact it's had two years to prove itself.

A few things though, I would recomend if I was to buy a Titan again..
Buy these things and stick em somewhere in the garage:
IPDM (intelligent power dist. module)
Radiator. I believe they are still using the same radiator, which has a very good chance of cracking at 40-60k miles

And if you get a non-tow truck, remember U-Haul sells the 3 relays needed for $25. The relays are needed to make the trailer lights glow and blink.

But the Titan is one badass truck. I recently got an 09 F150 CC XLT and I wish I would have gotten a Titan instead. Unfortantly work trucks are only Rams/Silverados/F150s so I'll hopefully be getting a Silverado or Ram next week. Until then, I love to just get in the Titan and go for a drive. Between night and day with the two!

Reactions: b0ldfacelies

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. Yes buy a Titan. You can't wipe the smile off your face when you do. $25,000 should be more than adequate for a used stock Titan (at least here it is). I have checked my gas mileage on my '05 the last 6 times now and the average combined city/hwy is almost exactly 14. You may see as much as 18 if you're lucky. As for super chips, that's just the tip of the iceberg...
Dave? lol. I have always wanted a Titan since they came out and it looks like I may finally be able to get one and just the thought makes me smile haha. I meant $25k for a pro4x?
For modding I wanted to stay pretty simple. Just something to help gas mileage for DD but being able to switch to a "sporty" mode. I will be moving up to Canada, BC which is the reason I'm getting a truck, so I should be doing some off roading so some mods for that would be nice too.

Hope you buy one!! They are great trucks (minues the issues)... I myself am kinda bitter as far as the issues I've had with mine. However I have one of the first trucks built, on a whole new production. Lucky me lol. But the 08/09 have very very little problems from what I hear. Drastic improvments from the 04-06 trims. 07's are probably the best years to date, due to the fact it's had two years to prove itself.

A few things though, I would recomend if I was to buy a Titan again..
Buy these things and stick em somewhere in the garage:
IPDM (intelligent power dist. module)
Radiator. I believe they are still using the same radiator, which has a very good chance of cracking at 40-60k miles

And if you get a non-tow truck, remember U-Haul sells the 3 relays needed for $25. The relays are needed to make the trailer lights glow and blink.

But the Titan is one badass truck. I recently got an 09 F150 CC XLT and I wish I would have gotten a Titan instead. Unfortantly work trucks are only Rams/Silverados/F150s so I'll hopefully be getting a Silverado or Ram next week. Until then, I love to just get in the Titan and go for a drive. Between night and day with the two!
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping I can find a used pro4x with 8k on it and walk away a VERY happy man! Going to go test drive with at the dealership by a highway on Monday so if all goes well... :D.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
lol cool tags. Check out the "looky what I got". You'll see the Titan, Bronco, and F150 work truck :D

also..I average anywhere from 16-18mpg combine city/highway and that's with getting on the gas at times. But I'm all stock except for a 2* timing advance.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Dave? lol. I have always wanted a Titan since they came out and it looks like I may finally be able to get one and just the thought makes me smile haha. I meant $25k for a pro4x?
For modding I wanted to stay pretty simple. Just something to help gas mileage for DD but being able to switch to a "sporty" mode. I will be moving up to Canada, BC which is the reason I'm getting a truck, so I should be doing some off roading so some mods for that would be nice too.
Yeah, I meant for the pro4x. You should be able to get a nice one for that price. I, too, did not think I wanted to 'mod' out my truck, but then I fell in love with it and wanted to make it better and put my own mark on it and next thing I know I have a whole list of things I want. Doesn't happen to everybody, but I think quite a few on this site probably started out that way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Adam- Really hope mine can get that. I am pretty worried about the gas but oh well, I need a truck. If I can get 16-18 though that won't be to bad since I think I get like 25 now?

betteroffroader- Sweet. Hopefully the dealership will work with me. I can see me jumping into it for sure, but since I know it's an expensive hobby I'm trying my hardest to stay out haha. Once I have more of a steady income after I move up to BC and the novelty of it has worn off a bit, I could see me modding it out, but then I still need to figure out a way to save and get a ATV and snowmobile too :p.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Check out the new '09s while you're at the dealer. With the incentives, you should be able to get a pretty low price. + the dealers are willing to wheel & deal.

I have an '09 LE w/ tow pkg, but it's 4x2. During my work commute, I'm averaging 18.3 MPG, but only averaged 16.5 on a long haul 80MPH interstate trip recently. So far, I have no issues with my truck and I have 5K on it already. I sold my '05 LE 4x2 to get the '09 b/c the deal was too good to pass up.

You'll enjoy the Titan!

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
betteroffroader- Sweet. Hopefully the dealership will work with me. I can see me jumping into it for sure, but since I know it's an expensive hobby I'm trying my hardest to stay out haha. Once I have more of a steady income after I move up to BC and the novelty of it has worn off a bit, I could see me modding it out, but then I still need to figure out a way to save and get a ATV and snowmobile too :p.
I'm pretty sure those are the best mods you can buy for your Titan! Sure they won't give better HP and actually worsen the MPG's but they sure look sweet hitched to the back and on the road!! :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check out the new '09s while you're at the dealer. With the incentives, you should be able to get a pretty low price. + the dealers are willing to wheel & deal.

I have an '09 LE w/ tow pkg, but it's 4x2. During my work commute, I'm averaging 18.3 MPG, but only averaged 16.5 on a long haul 80MPH interstate trip recently. So far, I have no issues with my truck and I have 5K on it already. I sold my '05 LE 4x2 to get the '09 b/c the deal was too good to pass up.

You'll enjoy the Titan!
Thanks for the info! I know there's a lot of approaches to buying a car/truck but if I have multiple days to go and bug them, do you think I could get it any lower? I would love a moonroof and nav in the pro4x :kiss: :p. You mind if I ask what you ended up paying for the 09?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.