Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Titan family and had a few tech questions. I have an 05 cew cab and was wondering how to check the front differential fluid. I can't seem to find the check bolt? Also when I peel out on icy roads I can hear a slight grinding noise coming front what seems to be the front differential of brake master cylinder, is this normal? Aslo I dont have the off road package but was it is 4 wheel drive, do I have a differential lock? If so How do I engage it? Any help on these questions would be awesome!

·
Registered
372 Posts
The noise your hearing is the VDC (Vehicle dynamic control )
You should have a push button to turn it off under your hazard light switch if you feel like burning some rubber.
The diff fluid gets checked by removing the top plug (fill plug ,which is on the side, not on top) and make sure the fluid is even with the fill plug
not sure about the diff lock

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
You don't have a factory diff lock (e-locker) unless there is a button on the dash to lock the rear diff. You will also see a wire coming out of the center section of the rear axle.

You may have something called ABLS that attempts to simulate a limited slip by clamping the brake rotor of the spinning wheel. You will see the SLIP light on the dash and hear a noise when this is activated.

You can, however, install a TrueTrac limited slip which would be a big improvement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts