Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PRG mini lift installed on my 06 4x4 crew cab truck and still have the OEM Ranchos on it. What shocks would you recommend putting on my truck? I dont have that much money to spend and dont want much more of a lift right now. Also I am buying some PRG shackles for my truck, what else do I need to be more off road friendly? I drive my truck as an everyday commuter and take my truck off road to go hunting in some rough country and dont want to be stranded out there because something broke.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Will I need to do anything else to make it more offroad friendly?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Will I need to do anything else to make it more offroad friendly?
The main question is what are you planning to do off road? Pre-running or just some extra beef on the truck if you decide to hit some trails on the weekend?

·
Registered
342 Posts
My Bilstein HDs made my truck much more comfortable to drive....even with a 6 inch lift it is riding much better than stock. The ride is smooth. You indicated that you didn't want more lift which the HDs will not add. I believe the BIlstein 5100 series will add about 1/2" of lift on the lowest setting.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The main question is what are you planning to do off road? Pre-running or just some extra beef on the truck if you decide to hit some trails on the weekend?
Just extra beef for hunting season

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Bilstein HDs made my truck much more comfortable to drive....even with a 6 inch lift it is riding much better than stock. The ride is smooth. You indicated that you didn't want more lift which the HDs will not add. I believe the BIlstein 5100 series will add about 1/2" of lift on the lowest setting.
Will the 5100s lift it more with my PRG mini lift on?

·
Registered
342 Posts
From what I know, the 5100s have several settings from I think 1/2" at the lowest to maybe 1 1/2". So yes it will lift it more. But I don't know if it will cause coil bucket contact. Someone with more knowledge than I will have to answer that.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I know, the 5100s have several settings from I think 1/2" at the lowest to maybe 1 1/2". So yes it will lift it more. But I don't know if it will cause coil bucket contact. Someone with more knowledge than I will have to answer that.
Thanks for your help Mattastic13. Can anybody else help answer this question?

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
5100's will lift it a little more. on the lowest setting it shouldnt cause bucket contact. It just adds preload to the springs. i dont know how to really answer this. Nor Cal answers these questions like 100 times a day.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Yours an 06, in 07 they repositioned the coilbucket higher to the control arm, so contact was easier, i think you can go 3" without it touching, maybe more, but with your 06, 1/2" will nowhere near make contact. And 1 1/2" will be perfect for what you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts