Nissan Titan Forum banner

FFV - E85 Anyone?

Tags
cb=cm?
1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  BuckyBadger 
#1 ·
Howdy,
Have any of you had an opportunity to run E85 in your FFV motors yet? I just purchased a new Titan and I'm wondering how it performs with good ol' American-made corn fuel. I expect less gas mileage, but if it performs as well drinking E85 as it does on the imported stuff, I will be looking for E85 fill-ups regularly. I want to help our farmers and reduce my use of pure gasoline if possible. Please share your experiences!

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
I just tried it for the first time myself. My truck has 1900 mi on it and it seems to run just fine. I am not sure on the mileage I am getting but I think I am going to fill up today to find out.

update: I got 10 mpg w/ E85 and I was getting 12 with regular.

#4 ·
I ran E85 for about 5 tanks a few months ago. Performance wise I could not tell a difference. I didn't tow anything during that time, so I do not know if that would be affected by E85 or not. By my figures while using E85, E85 cost about 17.5 cents per mile, whereas normal gas was about 13.5 cents per mile. This is a difference of 15 dollars every 300 miles under my driving conditions. This is also dependant upon current prices for gas and E85.

My Conclusions:
1) No noticable change in performance
2) Gas milage was worse (From an average of 15.5 to 12.5 with E85)
3) Once I get out of school, if I live near an E85 pump I will use it because I feel better giving my money to Nebraska farmers over Saudi oil barons.

It does cost more to run E85. It takes ~1.4 times as much E85 to get the same amount of energy as gas. So obviously, unless E85 is about 1.60 a gallon when regular is 2.20, you will not be saving money. However, if you do not mind paying the little bit extra to use E85, then I say go for it. It isn't going to hurt anything, and it may just help some family in the Midwest.

#5 ·
It's good to see that the Titan is running fine on E85. I will fill up with it at every opportunity. Even though it does cost more, the money spent will be staying right here at home and helping some of the farm families that desperately need an improved market for their products. In addition, it could also significantly contribute to reducing our reliance upon imported (middle eastern) oil. Even though E85 is expensive now, I would expect that as the production ramps up with the addition of more ethanol refineries and the acceptance of the product as a viable alternative, the price will come down. I hope that more people can see fit to invest in our future. Believe it or not, the FFV capability had much to do with my choice of a Titan.

OK-off the soapbox now!

#6 ·
:read:Help!

I own a 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab, in the fuel door it had a sticker said E85 or regular unlead. I read the manual book it said I can fill full tank e85 or full tank regular unlead or half tank mixed. I been using e85 for a year and I switch back to regular unlead (87) and then My truck stall, I paid tow truck to the dealer. The sevirce man toll me that the truck stall because I switch the fuel. He toll me that I should fill one tank midium grade(90) first, then back to 87. But the manual doesn't said that. This truck is My last Nissan truck, I did not get what's I paying for. Thank You.

Crew Man

#7 ·
Troll.....

#8 ·
An actual FFV Vehicle should recognize the mixture and adjust seamlessly. My truck runs fine, but I haven't used it since gas dropped to about $2.00 or less months ago because E-85 got stuck at $1.79 ever since. It was really silly to pay for E-85 when I could go to Kroger Fuel Center and pay $1.19 with the $0.10 off around Christmas-New Year's time.

#10 ·
Mine has a sticker inside the gas tank door that says E85

#12 ·
There were no 2004 FFV Titan's produced, started in 2005.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.