Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here is the deal. I am going to look at getting my cylinders honed out so I can still use my OEM pistons. If they tell me I cant use the stock pistons because the walls have to deep of pitting from the coolant creating rust in the cylinders. If this is the case I want to to bore it out to a 5.7 or 5.8 and run CP pistons with lowered compression for a FI setup. I plant to run approx. 20-25 psi on a twin gt3076 turbos on my Z. I will be using the stock cylonder heads and internals. Connecting rods will be OEM.

Engine Management will be a Haltech or Microtech Standalone.

Fuel system will be modified OEM fuel rails with -6 and bungs welded on each and and an Aeromotive FPR. There will be no fuel crossover. 2 lines in and 2 lines to the FPR.
Injectors I would like to use the stock ones with the required pressre increase from the FPR. How much power can these injectors support? Save on a low compression VK?

Power goal on the initial stock setp with limited aftermarket support is approx 550-600 whp @ 20 psi.

I have been told these are strong motors stock and would like to put mine to the test for low end and mid range power and torque.

As of now this is a full race build with the 350Z. I will be using it for drifting and move towards a time attack progression with the swap of the rear on my car.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any input on the combination and usage of stock parts with FI low compression pistons and reliability of the OEM parts for an FI setup would be greatly appreciated. Also If anyone knows where to get aftermarket fuel rails with an fittings that would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts