Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the post I promised as far as the install goes cutting off the bedsides was the easiest part (Ya it was disturbing at first as I pushed the cutting wheel thru at first)

The Glass over all was really easy to install now that I have done a set and seen what the order of things is I am sure it would go much smoother.

Tail lights fit pretty good there is a little trimming needed on the inside lips of the openings and you also will most likely not be able to use the plastic forward clips for the tails, but mine stay in fine without the clips (I just used the screws)

The one area Nick mentioned is the overhang on the inner lip of the bedside (top edge) was cut pretty short on mine and it made it hard to fasten it in a couple spots

I also have a feeling the fuel door will not sit deep enough even after I make some adjustments, it looks like it will stand a little proud of the bedside I think this is because the stock bedside is flat in that area and the Glass is bulging and rounded at that point

I will have some more shots as soon as I have daylight and the wife's biching camera but maybe these will hole you over

Also if there are particular shots you want to see or you want to see them in person and are close by Sunland CA. PM me and we can meet somewhere so you can take a look see

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks good, I like!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Dan I totally forgot to take pics of the cutting process though I went kinda wild and cut the front edge of the bed along the bend and then I cut all along the top edge (about 1.5" below where the plastic cap is) then I cut right in front of the tail light the rest was detail cutting then fitting the bedsides then removing more metal till they fit. Drty I will try to get on my roof for the birds eye shots of the bed, Where the top of the bed rails are I can shoot one pic of each side for you to

·
Registered
865 Posts
what kind of bedsides are these? what was the hardest part of install?

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Those are the long awaited bedsides from "mextitan".

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
sweet bro, looks sick

·
Registered
865 Posts
Those are the long awaited bedsides from "mextitan".
oh I thought the dude only had fenders not bedsides...but I haven't really looked in that thread...I'm tryin to figure out which bedsides would look best with my fenders or if it would even matter. I have ionic fronts. I think fiberwerx looks like trash so theyre outta question lol

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going to take more pics today I think Grey these work really well with the Ionics as those are what I have now. Hardest part of the install was the tail lights and that's only because its the first set I have ever installed.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Going to take more pics today I think Grey these work really well with the Ionics as those are what I have now. Hardest part of the install was the tail lights and that's only because its the first set I have ever installed.
I would think the hardest part was cutting up the perfectly good glossy painted OEM bed sides and hearing the Titan scream in pain... :rofl: can't wait til I order, get, and do my complete set...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes they are the road runners. I think I'm gonna order a front clip from them pretty quick.
How would you even place an order with these guys? lol just looked at the website...

Reactions: Cameron450r

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
How would you even place an order with these guys? lol just looked at the website...
My buddy called the number on the website and guy that lives in the U.S. called him back. I guess he is a partner it. Or just talk to Mextitan. That's how I'm going about it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Actually you would PM Mexititan and he can get teh ball rolling for you
alright thanks man. I won't be picking a pair of those up for awhile, just wanted to see how they fit

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
ryno, you get your KC bed sides yet???
No I was going to order them tomorrow but the 10's that I am running with my MT kit are way too long and had to be mounted off the side of the shock hoop with the tabs at a 90 to get the shock up high to get all my bump travel. The tabs are starting to peel off the hoop so I decided to cut the fender wells out and cage the motor. While I'm at it I'm gonna order the front clip too. Bedside are a couple months out more than likely.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts