Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Wildcat 27 foot fifth wheel... I install a super glide 12k hitch but because I have the Crew Cab I have to remove my tailgate in order to haul the trailer... does anyone know if I can purchase a fifth wheel tailgate that I can use while pulling the trailer???

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
i think your poo outa luck there.. i never seen a after market tailgate for the titan... why cant it just stay open ? i remember when my dad towed our 35ft 5th wheel with his shortbed crewcab ford f350 dully he left the gate down sometimes but mainly up...

·
Registered
36 Posts
When pulling my 5'ver I simply remove the tailgate...saves about 50 lbs. or so in weight as well. I keep nothing loose in the truck bed anyway.

·
Super Moderator
160,766 Posts
I thought that quite a while back this question was asked and a member posted a link to one. Hmmm...I'll have to go check if I can find it.

·
Super Moderator
160,766 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
ajensen83 said:
I just purchased a Wildcat 27 foot fifth wheel... I install a super glide 12k hitch but because I have the Crew Cab I have to remove my tailgate in order to haul the trailer... does anyone know if I can purchase a fifth wheel tailgate that I can use while pulling the trailer???
I forgot to mention in the PM that I don't think one would work since the king pin will slide back far enough to hit the gate. That is why I take the tailgate off in the first place. I can hook up with the tailgate on ( in the down pos). I just don't want to hit the tailgate with the king pin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts