Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I decided since quite a few keep pm'ing me about vids I decided to make a few of me in "Full Street Trim" I know thier are those out there that still think I'm going to smoke my trans.. well this is for you!! :bangit:
Weather kinda sucked at the track worst thing was humidity and the wind.. 15mph sustaind headwind with up to 20mph gusts all night long, didnt stay but for maybe 2 hrs cause it just got annoying

NO MUSIC VIDEO

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
do any boosted launches?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do any boosted launches?
cant launch with boost on street tires.. so my truck wasnt seeing any boost till probably right at the 60' mark. The street tires just wont hold it off the line..
Also another problem i have a fix for is once the intake manifold sees boost instead of vacuum i currently lose all my brake pressure instantly since our brake booster needs vacuum to operate. With slicks and my fix i should be able to launch with 4-7psi right off the line depending on what rpm/stall i feel is safe to launch with.
This alone will turn my [email protected] run in race trim hopefully into a [email protected]
Guess we will have to wait and see, gotta buy my racing tires/slicks and rims all over again

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Nice!

Makes me want to hurry up and log my data for the custom eTune. I'm not really able to burn the tire(!) as much as I thought I would after the base tune.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
run a trans brake

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
that or they make small electric vacuum pumps. put an inverter in the truck or wire it to a toggle switch and to the brake booster and flip it on when you go to stage. not a hard fix at all. all you need to do is put a vac gauge on the line going to the booster to see how much vac it needs to function properly.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
that or they make small electric vacuum pumps. put an inverter in the truck or wire it to a toggle switch and to the brake booster and flip it on when you go to stage. not a hard fix at all. all you need to do is put a vac gauge on the line going to the booster to see how much vac it needs to function properly.
my fix is much easier than that.. a simple $5.00 checkvalve :coolsmile
just ticks me off something so simple could affect my e.t. so much at the track.
not getting into boost till the latter part of the 60' blows but this should change that for when im running my slicks, still wont help for fst racing cause street tires arent going to hold 480-500ftlbs of tq..

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
may i ask what that will do? if you put it on the side towards the intake where it leaves some vac in the booster, you think that will be enough? why can you only run 7.5-8psi of boost? cause of the heads or head studs?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
may i ask what that will do? if you put it on the side towards the intake where it leaves some vac in the booster, you think that will be enough? why can you only run 7.5-8psi of boost? cause of the heads or head studs?
Yes this check valve will basicilly keep all vacuum inside the brake booster once inside there and boost is created in the intake manifold it will push the checkvalve closed holding in the vacuum so i can have my 1,200-1,500psi of brake pressure to hold my truck from moving while under boost.

some say this motor can take 10-12psi with a good tune but im not going to push it further cause the cast aluminum pistons suck... the ring gaps are too close for boosted applications.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
just wondering cause at some point im seriously thinking of a turbo, but i dont want to go thru all the things i would need to and not make much more hp. i mean on my diesel, you can do alot with the turbo making 100+ hp.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Nice vids Chris but loose the music! I wanna hear the sweet melody of the boosted VK56! :)

Reactions: ostaF

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice vids Chris but loose the music! I wanna hear the sweet melody of the boosted VK56! :)
i was going to use 60% video sound and just 40% music but stupid track last night had non stop commercials and goat roper music blaring so loud over the loud speakers.. could barely even hear my truck in the vids anyways so i decided to add my own music
sadly windows movie maker you can edit what part of the movie you want to add or subtract music volume it has to be the same level for the whole video..

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
X2^^ I want to hear straight awesomeness!

Reactions: Toomnymods

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bleh you guys dont like rammstein and deftones? lol guess i'll upload the vid with no music but dont say i didnt warn you about the gheyness of the tracks loudspeakers blaring goat roping music and useless infomercials..

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
bleh you guys dont like rammstein and deftones? lol guess i'll upload the vid with no music but dont say i didnt warn you about the gheyness of the tracks loudspeakers blaring goat roping music and useless infomercials..
Yeah I like the music but its not every day that we can hear a turbocharged Titan doing dough nuts. Thanks for the vids!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts