Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been trying to sell my lift and tires for almost 3 months now and have had no luck.

During my trip down to socal to visit my parents, i grabbed my 2/5 drop out of their garage along with the 22's i was letting my buddy borrow. Well he was supposed to buy them but never gave me money so i took them back lol. Brought it all home where it sat for more than a month until weather cleared up enough to do the swap.

Started around 10:30am yesterday and had it all wrapped up and washed before 4:30. Not too bad considering all the work we did and we all know how big these trucks are when it comes to washing!

Took a couple pics of the truck and a few to show the fender gap that i have front and rear. Also took a couple pics of how we cut the front bump stop bracket off the frame so that others who are lowering their titan can consider doing the same thing. Trust me, this thing rides 10000000x better with those chopped off than it did before on the 2/5 kit.

onto the pics! The mustang is my buddy's mom's car... its a '65 that was bought after her friend borrowed her car and died that night in a car accident. Her parents felt so bad that with the insurance money from the car, they bought this mustang and gave it to her. It was restored and wins a trophy at nearly every show it enters!

Pics of the bump stop bracket cut off before the front was re-assembled

front suspension all back together... you can kinda see the where the bracket used to be.

rear bump stop shaved

finger gap... front

finger gap... rear

·
Registered
170 Posts
so what happens when u totally cut off the entire front bump stops??? If u hit a big enough bump will the tire bounce up threw the fender or what? im not 100% on what it does exactly. But is the bump stop when u go over a speed bump or hole and it feels like ur teeth r gonna fall out? Its like a loud bang sound? is this correct?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Looking good...

Reactions: 04GreenT

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what happens when u totally cut off the entire front bump stops??? If u hit a big enough bump will the tire bounce up threw the fender or what? im not 100% on what it does exactly. But is the bump stop when u go over a speed bump or hole and it feels like ur teeth r gonna fall out? Its like a loud bang sound? is this correct?
If i hit a bump big enough, the tire would come up into the fender and hit the inner fender. Its smooth so its not like it would eat up the tire or anything. I am not running fender liners at all so if i was, it would probably tear off the liner. Im VERY cautious when i drive my truck (slow down for train tracks, speed bumps, dips... swerve around potholes etc..) so i dont worry much about the tire coming up into the fender.

You are correct, the loud bang is that makes your teeth chatter is either the front or rear bumpstop slamming into the bracket. The rear is really simple to cut with a sawzall. The front, we used an oxy/acetaline torch and it cut through like butter.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
They look pretty sick too! Now for those mirror caps and rear bumper haha. Cleaned the truck today for the first time in like... 4-5 months? I forgot how white it is!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you know how to pull off my mirror caps, ill bring the sand paper and bedliner to the meet tomorrow!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I'm not sure how the non-bt covers come off, but mine were held on by a bunch of clips... A flathead screwdriver popped em out haha

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can see 3 of the tabs by just moving the mirror around but the one closest to the window is impossible without removing the mirror glass. Im not too comfortable doing that because i dont have the spare money to buy a new glass if i end up breaking it.

Maybe someone who has pulled their non-BT caps can chime in.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
That was the hardest one for me to find as well.

If it helps at all, it will be lined up with the other clips. Straight down from the top right clip, straight right from the bottom left clip. Where the imaginary lines cross, will be where the clip is.

I know it doesn't help you get it out, but you know where to look for it.

It took me 20-30 min. to find all 4 clips. I was taking it slow because of how fragile they were.

The opposite side I removed in 2 min. Just take your time, make sure you've found all 4. Once you get them off you'll feel like a dumbass because of how easy it was.

The mirror piece is $40 if you do break it lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If i hit a bump big enough, the tire would come up into the fender and hit the inner fender. Its smooth so its not like it would eat up the tire or anything. I am not running fender liners at all so if i was, it would probably tear off the liner. Im VERY cautious when i drive my truck (slow down for train tracks, speed bumps, dips... swerve around potholes etc..) so i dont worry much about the tire coming up into the fender.

You are correct, the loud bang is that makes your teeth chatter is either the front or rear bumpstop slamming into the bracket. The rear is really simple to cut with a sawzall. The front, we used an oxy/acetaline torch and it cut through like butter.
thanks I was gonna cut it off but now that someone else has done it and verified it works. SEE YA Front Bump stop brackets!:bangit:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome back to the ground ! truck looks great ! I lowered mine back down today too. now that i see you can just cut the front bumpstop bracket off, think I'll be going lower.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Looking good. I still need to get under the bed and shave off the seam on their side where the top of the drop shackle rubs. I think i'll get about another 1/2" of drop when I do that....I have 3 finger gap upfront and a whole fist in the rear...:ftard:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I can see 3 of the tabs by just moving the mirror around but the one closest to the window is impossible without removing the mirror glass. Im not too comfortable doing that because i dont have the spare money to buy a new glass if i end up breaking it.

Maybe someone who has pulled their non-BT caps can chime in.
Push the mirror all the way to one side, use a flat blade screwdriver to pop the glass off it's pivot point and you will have easy access to the cap clips. The glass just pops back on to the pivot point with light pressure.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I hear ya on the ride after removing the bump stops, I just took my front stops off yesterday and the ride is nite and day different. I'm ready to bag mine now.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Looks great! I like those wheels. I want to bag mine to haha

Reactions: SLOride

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yo I dont see how cutting off the Bump stop bracket will lower the truck at all? fill me in cuz the only thing cutting those brackets off should only give u more travel clearance. Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
^^^ it just allows you to drop further... At least that's what I got out of it. These pictures don't do the stance any justice, 04GreenT's truck is lowwwwww

1 - 20 of 80 Posts