Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well....im sure people know around here...that ive become quite the HID addict. ive changed so many different kits and colors and on all my cars. ive tried the expensive $300 kits along with the DDM cheapo kits. Just wanted to give people an oppurtunity to get a good reliable kit at a good price.

The place is called HID factory in Houston, TX.

The HID Factory - HID Kits for all makes and models. Highest quality at the best price gauranteed! Standard no hassle warranty! Houston, Texas

To this day..ive bought about 4-5 kits from them. Out of which all have worked well. one ballast on the BMW was faulty...and they took care of it without questions. Check em out....

Ask for Travis..let him know Sumair with the Titan and the Bmw 7 series sent you. They ship so if you aren't local...there shouldn't be any issues.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
grr...i meant to post this in general chat. lol. i guess this section will do. haha

·
Registered
811 Posts
What kind of price did you get from them?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well they do for the most part look the same. I feel like they are better then most of the ones out there as ive ran them on multiple cars wihtout issues. very reliable. the ballast look pretty solid too. They are alot of different color temps available too. and the service to me was top notch, but again im local. If you are local...they also do installations.

They are $70 a kit.

there kits are fully digital btw.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have 4 sets of DDM kits that have been great quality, quick shipping and no issues at all...for half that price :confused:

·
Registered
315 Posts
So what kind of "$300" kit did you try? And what was your issues there? I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for, and HID kits are at the top of the list to me. You mentioned you had a bad ballast from these guys you are recommending.......so that scares me right off the bat. Even if they replaced it for you.

Ive bought low end, and high end as well. And from my experience the high end ones are just better built. No RF issues on unshielded ballasts, built in igniters, and bulb quality are a few things to consider.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
My DDMs are great. I have had my lows for 1.5 years with no problems and just got the fogs. There service is another story.

A local shop sells the SAME kit DDM has for $350. I just laughed and said I know where you guys get the kits and they are only $30. Now I said this when a guy was just about to pull the trigger on "there" kit.

·
Super Moderator
37,256 Posts
Funny that they come out of the same factory in China as DDM .. HA!

Reactions: 25370

·
Registered
745 Posts
$70 is a great price for a quality HID kit, I myself have had many as well and it amazing the difference in kits that use good materials and kits that just use radio shack parts.

I have also had the expensive $280 kits that are both high and low beam kits, they work great and look great but the price is hard to swallow. The DDM kits are appealing, but like mention above they are not the best. I myself seen my first pair of DDM this past weekend and I guess they will do fine...But myself im more picky about those things.

BTW, im in no way affiliated with the mentioned company above in any way. Just want everyone to know that, I didnt even click on that link. Just want everyone to know their is such a thing as a quality HID kit and a radio shack version you could build yourself for about $20.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well ive tried a few DDM kits. I had some good luck with their first kits as they were new. once the word got out....seems like their kits got worse. service blows. I will never buy a DDM kit ever again. Im sure some people have some good experiences with DDM...but too many bad stories.

With HID factory....like i said...nothing but positive experiences. Then ive got a few friends who bought a kit from them and all say the same thing. As for being the same factory as DDM? idk about that...but whatever the case is...these guy's kits are alot better then the DDM ones. Ive seen them myself. Ive compared them myself.

As for the $300 kits ive tried....i went with the higher name brand. Phillips and McCulloh...both well known. Ive run both Ballasts for 3 years. They still turn as like they did at day one. And ive yet to have a bulb go out. So yes...u get what u pay for. Not many people are willing to shell out 600 bucks on hids for heads and fogs...which is why i recommended HID factory. Good HIDs for fraction of the cost.

Im not sure about armaden kits as ive not tried them. So i will not comment on them.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have 4 sets of DDM kits that have been great quality, quick shipping and no issues at all...for half that price :confused:
LOL...really? they always seem to be on back order and weeks and months....then its the wrong size or color. DDM is crap...when you order a kit from them..i hope you have a condom on...cuz ur getting ****ed lol.

Reactions: O-FiveCC

·
Registered
745 Posts
I just got my HID for my heads and fogs from Armaden on here for $60 per kit....

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
hoenstly, ive had a couple problems with DDM however, they have taken care of me greatly.

Ive been running DDMs in my truck for 2 years now and havnt had a single problem (knock on wood). I bought a $200 kit for my Xrunner and they flickered and the company told me too bad basically that it was something wrong with my connector on the truck.

I ordered a set of DDMs (heads and fogs) for a coworkers xB and one of the bulbs was broken in the package and a ballast was bad. They asked for me to send pictures of the broken bulb and to send them back the ballast. I had the new stuff within a week and havnt had a problem since. I guess its the luck of the draw.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've put in lows and fogs from DDM a little over a year ago and converted 3 hella 500s to HIDs with their kits. I got the original slim version when they were like $70 and then I waited forever to install them. I have 3 in the lower grille of my titan. Never had any issues with anything, seem like a nice kit to me, but I guess as all the small brands that go popular do, they drop quality to keep up with new demand I guess. Oh well, I'll probably keep them in mind if i need more for my Hellas.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have to agree with Chris, I love mine they were cheap, fast shipping and I have yet to have a problem with them. And it's been 2 years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts