Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had the Titan since September, and I FINALLY found a Hemi that would race!

I was driving around town today, and I saw a Ram about 7 or 8 cars back, weaving around cars trying to get closer to me. He got behind me at a stop light and I revved up a little bit, and I see him smiling behind me. Light turns green and we take off normally, I get around the car in front of my and he follows, and I get back over in the right lane and he gets in the left lane. We are side by side, going about 45, he honks then we both take off. I pulled away from him, and he was about a half-truck length behind me the whole time until about 90. We get up side by side at the next red light. He said "Holy crap those things are fast as $h!t". I said "you got anything done?" All he had was dual exhaust. I told him I had intake and exhaust. I saw him shift into a lower gear and I heard him revving it with the brake pushed. I left mine in Drive and held the brake down while I revved up to about 1800rpm and held it there until the light turned green. When the light went green, we both floored it. I got a good launch, and my back bumper was about at his front doors. We went to about 90, and he was about a full-length behind me the whole time. Then he said let's do a 30-roll. So we slowed to 30mph, he honked and we took off. I had him by about 3 truck lengths that time. After that, he turned off and u-turned back the other way. It was a very fun and exciting race. The Hemi is a very nice truck, but I can finally say I beat a Hemi Ram!

Whoop!

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
just giving you a hard time. I dont have a Charger just the Ford C/V. Now the State troopers here have the new Charger and they look mean.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
the problem is with these new cars is that the headlights are different then what we are used to, so be careful out there.

·
Super Moderator
159,742 Posts
Nice kill Ag! :) You're hooked now. Wanna come back to Austin and see the UpRev guys yet? lol

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
I can't imagine how quick it would be with the UpRev tune. I think I'm gonna wait until mid 2007 before I get a programmer to see what else is in the market.
Allright AG!!!!!!!!! NICE KILL and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Feels great, doesn't it?????

I'm thinking the same thing about the uprev. I'm going to hold out for a little while, or at least until I can send out the ECU :) Seriously though, it sure would be nice to have a programmer available for us.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
CHEIF said:
I'm thinking the same thing about the uprev. I'm going to hold out for a little while, or at least until I can send out the ECU :) Seriously though, it sure would be nice to have a programmer available for us.
Rumor that someone is making arrangements for UpRev to come to the Philadelphia area for a few days of custom ECU reflash and tune. If I am not mistaken, someone from UpRev has family from around this area and comes here for a visit on a yearly basis.
I had personally e-Mailed UpRev and indicated my 100% interest to be on their Philadelphia list. Let's start eMailing them some encouraging letters of interests for their services here in the Northeast.

BTW, nice kill AGTitan06

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
If can get an Uprev tune, please do so!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Between 300-500 bucks. They can put several maps in the ECU to select from, or just one.

If you use a dyno you pay for it as well. That's where a group of modded trucks could save some $ by renting the dyno for a day.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
ag nice killed... I bet the hemi guy is either buying performance parts or a titan

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
StuntDriver06 said:
ok thanks for the info... not many titan performance enthusiasts around here tho.... :(

sorry for the hijack...
There is a thread involving uprev traveling to different locations for dyno tuning. Philadelphia is one possiblity. They are in Texas.

My truck is stock, so I'll try to give them a little while to fine tune the stock truck map, and just go from there. No Dyno tune. It shouldn't take them long to get enough stock trucks on the dyno before they won't need to dyno it for results.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts