Registered
805 Posts
Nice kill! How do you think you would
have done with your stock exhaust?
The Hemi's exhaust is fairly efficient
from the factory. That a big reason
that we really don't notice any gains
from a cat-back exhaust. Need headers
to feel any difference. Nice kill though.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hemi4Me said:
I'm not sure to be completely honest. I think it would have been a closer race, but I was never able to find a Hemi that would race when I was stock. I really think the stock Titan and stock Hemi are very very close performance-wise. I'll have to race another one to see exactly how much of a distance there is between the trucks. I was really concentrating on the road ahead, but I saw he was behind my rear bumper each time. The Titan stock exhaust is pretty good as well. How much faster are the stock RC/SB Hemis than the QBs? Should I be careful with those, or are they significantly faster? I've never even seen one. lol

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hemi4Me said:
How come your lines always cut off after like 7 or 8 words and then goes to the next line. Everyone else's goes all the way to the end of the screen before it goes to a new line. You are the only one I have seen do this... Must be because you have a Hemi. haha

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Nice kill AG! I only had the pleasure or beating one Hemi and I got the same response you got.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Nice kill AG.
I feel bad because I have had the Titan since last spring and have yet to find anything but a NISMO Frontier that wanted to test the Titan and we didn't really have a suitable stretch of pavement to play on at that.

Last week, I beat the snot out of a new mega cab 4x4 with all kinds of mods time and time again in Mesa, AZ traffic, but I had an Altima 3.5. No contest, and he finally figured it out after I just left him there for the 7th or 8th time. He wanted to F with me because I had Cali plates I think. Maybe I will see that guy next week when I am there with the Titan.

·
Registered
805 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
How come your lines always cut off after like 7 or 8 words and then goes to the next line. Everyone else's goes all the way to the end of the screen before it goes to a new line. You are the only one I have seen do this... Must be because you have a Hemi. haha
It's a habit that is a result of being a member
of many chat forums. Not just vehicles. On
many of these forums if you type in to many
words you end up having a line with one word
and then jump to the next line. Example.

I like to fish and hunt as hobbies. I also
driving my truck and hunting for Titans.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
How much faster are the stock RC/SB Hemis than the QBs? Should I be careful with those, or are they significantly faster? I've never even seen one. lol
From what others have said, the RC/SB does not run that fast compared to CC.

I raced my first Hemi last week. It was a RC/SB, he had the lower gears and anti slip, stock. I have the offroad package (lower gearing) but mine is a CC.

We are both stock, his is an '06, mine an '04. I asked him to race, honestly just wanted to see how much he'd beat me by.

On 1/4 mile straight I took him off the line both times and gradually pulled further away. Our launch was very close on the 2nd race, we both took off at exactly the same time. I instantly got 1/2 length on him. By the end of 2nd gear I had about 1.5 to 2.5 lengths on him, at the finish line it was 4 lengths or more. I kept waiting for him to start pulling on me but it never happened. I'd still call it a pretty close race from my limited experience in the 1/4 mile.

My buddy was a little dissapointed with his Ram. I was almost as surprised as he was dissapointed. Don't underestimate your stock truck :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I raced a hemi charger. As I would pull away from him I would let up and let him catch up then pull away and slow to let him catch me, did that to about 90 then caught a red light where he pulled up beside me and said man that truck is fast. I just smiled and said thanks. Loving this truck!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Entered a merge lane with a newer Durango R/T and we both hit it near 40mph. I sat on his bumper till about 80 when he started to pull and I let off. I'm sure he loved having a 4wd Titan fill up his mirrors!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dad has a 2017 2wd Ram Hemi with 8spd as a rental, I couldn't believe how fast that truck pulls away after 70.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There is a thread involving uprev traveling to different locations for dyno tuning. Philadelphia is one possiblity. They are in Texas.

My truck is stock, so I'll try to give them a little while to fine tune the stock truck map, and just go from there. No Dyno tune. It shouldn't take them long to get enough stock trucks on the dyno before they won't need to dyno it for results.
If you buy uprev from one of the Pro Tuners here. They already have a tweaked A/F map for a stock tune that will save you money to have a dyno tune. No reason at all to have a dyno tune on a stocker. :wink:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts