Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, got my 2007 Titan on the Drag Strip last night. I dont think it was too bad. Respectable for a big truck.
Reaction .331=sucks
I1 2.314
I2 6.404
I3 9.825
MPH (I3) 70.993
I4 12.742
E.T. 15.364
MPH 88.621

Want to try to get her down in the 14s
This was with 2* JBA Exhaust and Brute Force CAI
Fun beating my buds CIVIC SI though.
2007 SE Crew Cab 4x4

·
Registered
112 Posts
PiercerNC said:
Well, got my 2007 Titan on the Drag Strip last night. I dont think it was too bad. Respectable for a big truck.
Reaction .331=sucks
I1 2.314
I2 6.404
I3 9.825
MPH (I3) 70.993
I4 12.742
E.T. 15.364
MPH 88.621

Want to try to get her down in the 14s
This was with 2* JBA Exhaust and Brute Force CAI
Fun beating my buds CIVIC SI though.
You might be able to get the 14's with a better reaction time. 4X4? KC or CC?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
BlueHen said:
You might be able to get the 14's with a better reaction time. 4X4? KC or CC?
reaction time doesnt affect the e.t.'s only after the front tire breaks the beacon does the timer start..
his truck isnt doing bad at all for no weight reduction, all he is missing is a better 60' which could definatly knocks nother .2 off imo get uprev and some headers and high flow cats and b-pipes and you should get close to low 14's

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
RKsTITAN23 said:
i thought you said you could take off 300lbs and only gain .05.......... so no one should worry about weight

depends on where you drop the weight from or are you just trying to mock me,lol if he takes off weight off the rear end he will get slower.. u wanna know why?? cause he will not be able to get traction worth a **** with 1 wheel grabbing and no trutrac..
like i said before weight over the axles is more than just that same weight in the cab..
rotational mass like ur 24's slows you down more than if that same 200extra lbs if it was to be put in the cab also.. dont believe me do some experimentation on ur own and find out..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Toomnymods said:
reaction time doesnt affect the e.t.'s only after the front tire breaks the beacon does the timer start..
his truck isnt doing bad at all for no weight reduction, all he is missing is a better 60' which could definatly knocks nother .2 off imo get uprev and some headers and high flow cats and b-pipes and you should get close to low 14's
Your right, when I was looking at it I saw reaction time and was thinking 60 ft time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
60' time and your 1/4 mile et go hand in hand.

If you have traction......the more weight you drop the better off you are. But if you can't get traction....weight loss will hurt.

Unsprung weight......and big wheels that move the weight farther out from the center hurts BAD! I've personally tested this...I used to own a set of Structure S10 22's with Nitto 420S 305/45's. I litterally lost over .5 in the 1/4 mile with them on. They were heavy as hell!!! Just shy of 100 lbs. Killed my acceleration!!

My Drag Radials and wheel only come in at 54 lbs each compared to the stock set up of 70-75 lbs each.

Next time I hit the track I'll be looking at some major weight reduction!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Toomnymods said:
depends on where you drop the weight from or are you just trying to mock me,lol if he takes off weight off the rear end he will get slower.. u wanna know why?? cause he will not be able to get traction worth a **** with 1 wheel grabbing and no trutrac..
like i said before weight over the axles is more than just that same weight in the cab..
rotational mass like ur 24's slows you down more than if that same 200extra lbs if it was to be put in the cab also.. dont believe me do some experimentation on ur own and find out..

yeah, i think weight kills period..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gonna install throttle body spacer tomorrow. What should I do next besides UpRev?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
PiercerNC said:
Gonna install throttle body spacer tomorrow. What should I do next besides UpRev?

How many miles on your truck? What was the temperature and elevation where you ran?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little over 4,000 miles. I know break it in. Just cant help it!
44 feet above sea level and 78 degrees

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow that's great time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.