Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got some new shoes for the Titan, got the Bridgestone dueler Alenza's, a highway tire with great ratings. So far they ride super smooth and quiet, they also feature everblack technology, meaning they use real black rubber and are never suppose to fade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
I can't wait to replace my Continentals on my '07 Titan LE 4x4, and I have only 5600 miles on the truck. I'm not sure why there are all-season highway tires on a 4x4, but I'm hoping that my opinion to design may win out in future models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
BigA said:
I finally got some new shoes for the Titan, got the Bridgestone dueler Alenza's, a highway tire with great ratings. So far they ride super smooth and quiet.
Have any pics of the tread?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
gcole said:
How Many Miles Did You Get On The Goodyears.
I only got about 22k on them, I could have gotten maybe 5K more, but it was getting a little dangerous in the rain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
BigA said:
..., got the Bridgestone dueler Alenza's, a highway tire with great ratings. So far they ride super smooth and quiet.
Can't agree more. Combined with the Bilstein HD F/R the ride is firm but soooo smooth like a luxury sport sedan. I like it better than when it was brand new. I got them at 22k miles too. The GYs suck in snow and ice. Love the way they look too, beefy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,454 Posts
jljue said:
I can't wait to replace my Continentals on my '07 Titan LE 4x4, and I have only 5600 miles on the truck. I'm not sure why there are all-season highway tires on a 4x4, but I'm hoping that my opinion to design may win out in future models.
Havent heard of too many people liking the Continentals. Something about the wear being abnormal and causing a noisy ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
BigA said:
I finally got some new shoes for the Titan, got the Bridgestone dueler Alenza's, a highway tire with great ratings. So far they ride super smooth and quiet.
Big A,

I'm planning on getting the same tires...what did you pay for them? My "badyears" have 16,000 miles and are ready to go!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gary748 said:
Big A,

I'm planning on getting the same tires...what did you pay for them? My "badyears" have 16,000 miles and are ready to go!
I paid $813 out the door, but thier is a 75 dollar mail in rebate go on right know, so after the reabate $738.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Getting ready to get rid of the OEM Goodyears as well. It sure is tough finding an LT rated tire in 18". Les Schwab (north westerners will know that one:hi:) quoted me $1050 for an 8 ply LT Toyo AT. Key-ryst! :eek2:

Don't quite know what I'm going to yet. I like the Bridgestone Revo AT's but they are not LT rated. I drive in too many crappy places and I am afraid of a flat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
dmi said:
Getting ready to get rid of the OEM Goodyears as well. It sure is tough finding an LT rated tire in 18". Les Schwab (north westerners will know that one:hi:) quoted me $1050 for an 8 ply LT Toyo AT. Key-ryst! :eek2:

Don't quite know what I'm going to yet. I like the Bridgestone Dueler AT's but they are not LT rated. I drive in too many crappy places and I am afraid of a flat.
The revos do come as AT's too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
I put Kumhos on after I burnt my Goodyears. The kumhos are loud. Will these Alenza's fit my 17s? Did you shop Tire rack and the like for a deal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
dmi said:
It sure is tough finding an LT rated tire in 18"
Check out Cooper Discoverer S/T or STT tires. Both come in 275-70 in 18" which comes out to only a hair taller than stock 265-70's. They are LT tires - I think load range E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
I was pretty happy with my stock Goodyears-32k mi. Just picked up another set yesterday off eBay- brand new. $350 + 50.00 mount/balance.
**This is a grocery getter, not a rock crawler :)

I should add that I was paying 300.00/tire for my last car, so its not too hard to make me hapy these days
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with the stock Goodyears. Talk about winters, live in Chicago for a few.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
sudden urge said:
Absolutely nothing wrong with the stock Goodyears. Talk about winters, live in Chicago for a few.
My OEM tires were worn out by 30k miles. Was too weak for me. The Kumhos I bought are much tougher (but too loud).

Im looking for a quiet tire like the B. Alenzas (but they dont fit my 285/70/17s). Quiet, long lasting. I go off road when hunting, but I can get by with a highway tread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Machado7 said:
My OEM tires were worn out by 30k miles. Was too weak for me. The Kumhos I bought are much tougher (but too loud).

Im looking for a quiet tire like the B. Alenzas (but they dont fit my 285/70/17s). Quiet, long lasting. I go off road when hunting, but I can get by with a highway tread.
You can get the Dueler A/t Revos in your size. They are a great riding tire, and are pretty quiet on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
man... you are all hard on tires... I really hope my BFG's last more than 30k miles, tires are expensive. My wife's Sante fe needs tires now and has 55k on it and it had crappy revos on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
I always drive fast. Cant help it. Never a big problem until I got the Titan. Now 80 just seems too easy and quiet! Ipod on- Foot down.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top