Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my buddy, also a member on here, put the ever-so-popular 16" dynomax bullets on his truck yesterday. he got an x pipe, dual bullets, and ran them out the side of his truck in front of the right rear wheel. put dual 4.5" resonating tips on them. Holy Mary mother of God it sounds amazing. no CIS whatsoever. loud, but not as loud as i was expecting. I was expecting NASCAR loud by some of the reviews on here. Still, a bit too loud for me i think. i think it's mainly because of where he had them exiting.

Hopefully today i'll be installing my Cherry bomb extreme, ran to the rear of the truck with resonating tips.

I'll be able to put these two trucks side by side and give my opinion on them.

stay tuned....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE....

I picked up my truck from the exhaust shop. have to bring it back as he evidently forgot to complete a weld. no big deal.

my opinion between the bullets and cherry bomb extreme is this....

THEY BOTH SOUND AMAZING!

my friend's with the side exit is considerably louder, and sounds much meaner. that being said, if you like a REALLY aggressive sound, and want it as loud as possible without running straight pipes, this is the way to go. very good sound, and runnign dual bullets, x pipe, and 4" resonated tipes, there is virtually NO CIS sound. sounds GREAT.

as for mine, running the Y pipe, CBE muffler, out the back with dual resonated tips, it sounds awesome. VERY loud, but not as loud as the bullets of course. I think mine is a deeper sound, and a bit mellower. no CIS whatsoever. even at WOT. take your foot off the gas or idle, you don't hear ANYTHING. think about touching the gas and it comes to life. on the highway, you hear it a bit, but it's not a drone. i've had drone before, and this is not it. it's just the sound of a good exhaust system at 2000 rpm's.

there's my .02$ :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just got my exhaust changed this morning to dual bullets (coming from a single bullet), no x-pipe. Sounds a lot deeper and smoother than my single. So far so good.

Reactions: Ecnar

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is there a drop in performance when running the x-pipe and dual bullets? I was thinking about doing the Gibson 2.5" Y-Pipe to 3" x-pipe to dual 3" bullets and just dump them. I currently have 2.25" y-pipe to flowmaster 2.25 - 3 y collector to 3" banks muffler dumped. Just concerned with performance loss when going to dual 3" bullets. ANy suggestions?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is there a drop in performance when running the x-pipe and dual bullets? I was thinking about doing the Gibson 2.5" Y-Pipe to 3" x-pipe to dual 3" bullets and just dump them. I currently have 2.25" y-pipe to flowmaster 2.25 - 3 y collector to 3" banks muffler dumped. Just concerned with performance loss when going to dual 3" bullets. ANy suggestions?
If you are running a y-pipe, then run single muffler or you'll be disappointed. IMO

·
Registered
984 Posts
Cut the y pipe out go duals and be done with it!
That's what I did. Got great work done and had them both dumped before the rear axle. Sound very deep and clean...no popping. I've tested them on the highway (3 hr trip) and they will make the lady b!tch if you're not careful...definitely not 'quiet'. At WOT they come alive like a bat out of h3ll.

Overall I am very satisfied with them and will be keeping this setup.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If I were to go with a single 3" in 3" out & I wanted to stay AWAY from drone, what would be the best length Bullet to go with?

·
Registered
261 Posts
i have the 16" dynomax bullet 3 i/o and i have no drone on the highway and i have gutted cats and flowmaster Y but mine is not dumped, its got a 4 inch tip in stock tail location.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Have you towed with that exhaust set up?

·
Registered
261 Posts
yes i tow my 5000 lb boat 3 times a week, i feel that i gained some low end grunt with this set up

Reactions: titanridinghigh

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sounds good Nate, thanks... My only concern was that it would be too loud when towing on long trips, but if its not too bad then this is the route I'm going

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am the other side to this post. The dual bullets and xpipe setup is loud and there is a drone in the cab. I think it has a bad drone due to the location where I have the exhaust exiting. For me I don't mind I used to drive a 86' Dodge Ram street truck that had a 440ci big block in it that was extremly loud. So in comparison I don't really notice the drone plus most of the time my system is turned up anyways. I'll get some videos posted of the sound of both exhauts setups soon as I can. Either way I am very pleased with the outcome and it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have dual bullets with an xpipe dumped after the rear axle. It is pretty loud especially when you get on it. Cab drone, yes there is some maybe not too bad. It does get loud when at highway speeds, that's why I have the radio lol. If you wanna hear it at the track check my "Back from the track" thread in General discussion. You can really hear my setup there lol.
Here's the link:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/130907-back-track.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts