Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and although they hit, there is a lot of distortion at decent volumes. I'm still using the stock stereo, and the shop that installed it put in whatever piece to make that work. I bought an MTX ReQ, but the shop didnt install it b/c the Titan doesnt have the bass roll-off like some other vehicles.

I thought the amps would hit a lot harder and cleaner at loud volumes. I want to keep the factory stereo, so I guess the next step will be a processor like the JBL MS-8. That, and maybe also doing front stage speaker upgrades, with an amp. From what I understand a front stage amp will give me a crossover to filter the low frequencies from going to the front speakers.

Any suggestions? I've read that changing the polarity might help.

I'm using the Sundown amp in my sig. All amp wiring is 0gauge. 2.5 farad cap is installed, as well as a Stinger battery.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
The MTX req should have been installed. The shop you went to is very wrong. What factory headunit do you have and these subs are very clean! several people have run them and they sound amazing and get plent loud. Something is not installed correctly trust me

Reactions: LD5050

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no doubts it's not the subs/amp that's the problem. The feedback everyone leaves about your stuff is the reason I chose it in the first place!
I'll just take the ReQ to a different shop and have them install it. The shop I used (Street Creations) said he couldnt get the pins in the harness to make a good connection, even after slightly bending them. Whatever that really means.
I won't be going back, because he didn't even put in a sub volume knob like I asked. And I dropped some cash there, with the battery and amp wiring kit. Douche.

I have the non-RF factory head unit with in dash 6 disc.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'd like to hear them things beat, I've been planing on getting the Forward firing 10's ported, but I just think the 4 10's would looks awesome! Do you know which one is louder? Also if you don't mind me asking what you paid for the box and subs or tech and email me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts