Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got to run the beast in the 1/4 mile this past weekend... It was cold as h*ll and of course i was spinning bad off the line, thanks to non truetrack, but heres my quickest numbers...

60' - 2.34
330- 6.48
1/8- 9.85
MPH- 72.42
1/4-15.26
MPH-91.31

Not bad for only havin straight pipes and a k&n.. Plus spinning like h*ll...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol.. Well id like to uprev her for starters and maybe get the gen 3 volant cai.. And the truetrack of course....

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Good run. If you work on that launch your very close to a sub 15 truck.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i tried over and over to get a good launch, but i just couldnt get out without spinning. And my tires are about done anyways so im sure that wasnt helpn.... But i was pleased with the times... Plus i busted me a 97 mustang gt on that pass.. Guess he didnt know how to drive... :gunz:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
trick to try....

if your track makes you drive though water then for sure do a burn out to get tires dryer. NOT a big smoke show just enough to get the puffs of smoke.

for non tru trac: if your track allows for driving around the water choose the lane that the left rear tire will get some water on it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the track i go to allows you to go through or around the water.. An honestly ive tried every scenario.. I guess i just need some new tires for starters.. And mayb i just have to much power! LOL But ill try that trick.. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
also if there is no VHT on the track meaning the track does not sound like masking tape being pulled up from a surface then FOR SURE do some dry launches in teh staging area. This will allow you to gauge how much pedal you can give before the one tire fire.

Lastly, if you stall the truck at the light DO NOT STALL LONGER THAN 5 secs. This is a warning from the service manual. Not sure why but I've done it in the past and had worse 60fts. Best method is usually mash and go or minor 1200rpm stall for less than 5sec.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:cheers: Thanks for the info man.. Yea i usually dont stall, just mash and go.. But usually i end up featherin her a little to stop the spinning.. But h*ll i was just happy to get into the 9's in the 8th. My previous was a 10.04...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts