Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my third Titan on the street today, a nice, dirty Red Brawn. Saw my second one in a student parking garage (GRRRR.... $30,000 truck for a student!) on Monday. Smoke, I think, with a toolbox in the bed. Other than that, I saw one in early January, but there don't seem to be many on the roads yet around here. ..... if only I could be the first one to park in our work parkinglot :) I've only seen two Armadas during that time as well.

J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Coolhand said:
I saw my third Titan on the street today, a nice, dirty Red Brawn. Saw my second one in a student parking garage (GRRRR.... $30,000 truck for a student!) on Monday. Smoke, I think, with a toolbox in the bed. Other than that, I saw one in early January, but there don't seem to be many on the roads yet around here. ..... if only I could be the first one to park in our work parkinglot :) I've only seen two Armadas during that time as well.

J
I hardly see any aound the phoenix area! I think i have seen 2 of them.
Im a Studen.....the Titan will be my second vehicle. But i also work full time! :upsidedow
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
I have seen 3 in Chicago so far. Black (2), Red (1)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey LS1, that must be some job, to be a student with a 400+ horsepower muscle car and be thinking about a full sized pickup :)

I was just up to the PHX area for a wedding in January, and I'll be up there again next month for another wedding.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Albert1234 said:
I saw a second 04 F-150 today in my area (Chicago burbs). I have yet to see another Titan, except for my own.
Get yourself out to the Aurora/Naperville area and you will be sure to see mine on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I have seen only one on the road in Massachusetts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I have seen 3 in my county. Its kinda funny because I saw the 3 within a week of each other and that was about 4 weeks ago and I haven't seen another since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
saw a black CC Titan in Berkeley

saw a black CC Titan in Berkeley. looked dashing.
saw two Armada's in Berkely.
Armada's very cool, indeed, but a Titan's just fantastic :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I guess that means I'm not the only one with rare Titan sightings. I thought Austin was especially low on Titans, but sounds like they just haven't started proliferating yet :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Austin titan

Coolhand,

You will see more in north Austin... I work near the Arboretum and there's a dealer one block south of here... I've probably seen 4 or 5 titans and 6 or 7 Armadas in the last month.

-Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gregandgail said:
Coolhand,

You will see more in north Austin... I work near the Arboretum and there's a dealer one block south of here... I've probably seen 4 or 5 titans and 6 or 7 Armadas in the last month.

-Greg
Hey Greg, yes I work in the Pickle Research Campus, so I'm right up the street from Town North Nissan or whatever it's called. I drove their demo model as soon as they got it, back in November I think. Suprisingly enough I still haven't seen many Titans though. Are you thinking about buying? I've talked to a couple of the salesmen at that dealer... I dunno.... they were nice enough guys but not incredibly knowlegible about the truck. I'm also hesitant to pay Austin sales tax on such a big purchase.... tempted to go outside the city limits somewhere to buy.

Thanks for the reply.
J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I actually bought mine at SouthPoint Nissan. The reason was, they listed the exact truck I wanted in their inventory but it turned out to be "in transit". Because of this the internet manager drove one to my house so I could test drive it! About a 30 to 45 minute drive depending on traffic! He also brought me the tags when they arrived... I couldn't ask for better treatment.

All that being said I still go to Town North for service because it's so close....

-Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gregandgail said:
All that being said I still go to Town North for service because it's so close....

-Greg
Hey Greg - how has your experience been with Town North service? I haven't gotten to talk to any of their shop guys.

Unfortunately, the closest I've seen to the truck I want is in Denver, CO - I may order if I decide to go with the Titan. I'm just A) Nervous to buy a first model year vehicle and B) wish it wasn't so darned big.... might not fit in my garage and has a large turn radius. But, I'd sure like that Titan motor when pulling my boat.... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Well, I've only gone to Town North once and the service was fine. I dealt with a guy named Tom Silvers. He's the assistant service manager.

I also thought about ording my Titan, but the internet manager at South Point (Kyle Riley) really went out of his way to find me the truck I wanted. As for the first year model thing.... I kinda felt the same way, but I did the same thing with my Tundra. I bought one of the first ones on the lot. I had no problems with that truck at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gregandgail said:
Well, I've only gone to Town North once and the service was fine. I dealt with a guy named Tom Silvers. He's the assistant service manager.

I also thought about ording my Titan, but the internet manager at South Point (Kyle Riley) really went out of his way to find me the truck I wanted. As for the first year model thing.... I kinda felt the same way, but I did the same thing with my Tundra. I bought one of the first ones on the lot. I had no problems with that truck at all.
Thanks Greg - let's keep each other posted regarding Nissan service and truck issues (when I get mine :) ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Saw 10 in Houston last night

A Marketing research firm contacted us to get our opinions on truck marketing in general (brochures, etc.) We were all Titan owners and all were experiencing the same problems i.e. squeaky dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I did get a survey from J.D. Power and Associates, asking about consumer satisfaction. I put down my #1 one problem/complaint being the RF radio. I'm having the same problems that are constatly being talked about here. The only other knocks I gave the Titan were it's soft feeling brakes, the inability to turn off certain power functions without the navigational system (the auto moving power seat when you enter or exit the vehicle for example), and the gas cap being tied to the engine light.

That last one was a result of the dealer filling up the tank with gas and not securing the gas cap correctly... So you guessed it, the engine light came on. It freaked me out because it took 3 days for the system to notice the "air leak" and the light came on while accelerating up a steep hill. I even checked the cap after I read in the manual that a loose or missing gas cap can cause the light to come on... but it looked fine to me.

Oh yeah, and the survey included a $1 dollar bill ! I would have filled it out for free....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Finally saw some on the road this week in southern California, three in one week. A white, a silver, and a gray. Didn't really care for the white color.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top