Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rate of 3.85 percent from Capital One and I was inquiring if a better rate exists for the Titan. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Bill,

IF thats 60 mo's or more...thats pretty good.

The 3.5% rate floating around is from Nissan with top credit of course.

Chris

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the 3.5 percent available from the dealer? I am going to negotiate a better rate prior to final purchase. I think I will be successful In getting a good rate.The lower percent means a little more in my pocket. I am happy with the price I am paying and I want the best finance rate available.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
LI Titan said:
Is the 3.5 percent available from the dealer? I am going to negotiate a better rate prior to final purchase. I think I will be successful In getting a good rate.The lower percent means a little more in my pocket. I am happy with the price I am paying and I want the best finace rate available.
3.5 is a good rate i got 3.4 from my local credit union

·
Registered
152 Posts
got_titan said:
3.5 is a good rate i got 3.4 from my local credit union
That's a great rate. My credit is in the mid 700's "beacon" status and I got 3.5%, mainly because I put zero money down, took a 72 month note, and had 1k negative on my Tundra trade in.

Take it from an MBA, if you can get money under 4%, finance all you can (if you have good cash flow). The cost of capital i.e. interest rates, are so low it doesn't make sense to commit any of your own cash. Put your cash in a good mutual fund, like a good Wilshire 5000 index fund, and keep your capital reserves up. I've gotten 3.86% profit on my portfolio YTD, I'm already making money by not committing cash.

Sorry to sound like Gordon Gecko, but I have a soap box about managing your money. I think the vast majority of Americans really hurt themselves by mis-managing their finances.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bump

I was wondering about the same thing. The capitol one rate of 3.85 for 60 months sounds real good. So does the 3.5 rate from Nissan but how many months is that rate for? I read a few articles about car buying and they cautioned against financing from car dealers because there are hidden ways they can make money from you no matter how good of a deal it seems that you are getting. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
militia_man said:
I was wondering about the same thing. The capitol one rate of 3.85 for 60 months sounds real good. So does the 3.5 rate from Nissan but how many months is that rate for? I read a few articles about car buying and they cautioned against financing from car dealers because there are hidden ways they can make money from you no matter how good of a deal it seems that you are getting. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I believe the Nissan 3.5 is a 60mo. term as well. As far as hidden ways to make money...3.5 is 3.5 no matter who is getting a cut. However I doubt the dealer is getting any kickback at 3.5, but I could be wrong!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
i financed for 48 mo @ 3.9. its nice knowin the people at the bank, like when i sold my maxima outright they knew me and gave me the title b4 i even had the check in hand to make things easier for me. now get that from some finance company. its probably not the best rate i could have gotten but im well satisfied and b/c i only had to finance 16k, i will be ahead of depreciation if i ever decide to sell my titan(not likely).

·
Registered
4 Posts
LI Titan said:
I have a rate of 3.85 percent from Capital One and I was inquiring if a better rate exists for the Titan. Any help would be great.

Thanks

I had the 3.85 from Capital One and asked the dealer to beat it and they came up with a 3.64 @ 60 months.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Chilicat said:
That's a great rate. My credit is in the mid 700's "beacon" status and I got 3.5%, mainly because I put zero money down, took a 72 month note, and had 1k negative on my Tundra trade in.

Take it from an MBA, if you can get money under 4%, finance all you can (if you have good cash flow). The cost of capital i.e. interest rates, are so low it doesn't make sense to commit any of your own cash. Put your cash in a good mutual fund, like a good Wilshire 5000 index fund, and keep your capital reserves up. I've gotten 3.86% profit on my portfolio YTD, I'm already making money by not committing cash.

Sorry to sound like Gordon Gecko, but I have a soap box about managing your money. I think the vast majority of Americans really hurt themselves by mis-managing their finances.

I'm pissed.....I'm in the high 700's and I got 5.24 and I had to beg for that!!!
Think there is anything I can do about it?

Thanks,
Crickett :crying:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Go through Capital One - I got 4.2 for 72 mos - with 700s

·
Registered
350 Posts
BearBrawn said:
Go through Capital One - I got 4.2 for 72 mos - with 700s

Yeah, but with this loan already done, I think I would have to do an "auto re-fi", and the rates are higher.....so I think Nissan screwed me there.
I'm not sure...thats what I need to find out about.

Crickett
:teethmast

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have excellent credit and my scores are in the high 700's as well and Capitol One approved me for 60 months at 10.49%!!! They must be crazy! I checked my credit report last month and everything was fine. I think Capitol One may just be doing some half-true advertising about that low 3.85%.

·
Registered
183 Posts
10% ??!!

That had to be an April fools prank or something...Maybe they thought you were gonna buy a Ford...

Tell them it's for a Titan and you won't settle for anything over 4% on a 60 month note!

That's gotta be illegal!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
militia_man said:
I have excellent credit and my scores are in the high 700's as well and Capitol One approved me for 60 months at 10.49%!!! They must be crazy! I checked my credit report last month and everything was fine. I think Capitol One may just be doing some half-true advertising about that low 3.85%.
I have a check in hand for the truck and paperwork showing the 3.85% and they said the would match any dealer offer. I am just waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
727 Posts
BearBrawn said:
10% ??!!

That had to be an April fools prank or something...Maybe they thought you were gonna buy a Ford...

Tell them it's for a Titan and you won't settle for anything over 4% on a 60 month note!

That's gotta be illegal!

Predatory lending laws have recently been increased & this offer may be way out of line. Still other factors besides beacon score determine individual rate like debt to income, but I agree this quote sounds nuts & perhaps illegal if followed through.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That 10% doesn't sound predatory at all, there are lots of auto loans out there in the 10-12 percent range.

There is a lot more to it than FICO (Fair Issac, Beacon etc) scores.
I would call and ask why your application doesn't qualify for something in the 4-5 percent range, maybe they can point out the issue.

Good Luck to all.

·
Registered
350 Posts
militia_man said:

Well, you made me feel better with my 5.24, thats for sure!!

Crickett

·
Registered
152 Posts
nursecrickett said:
I'm pissed.....I'm in the high 700's and I got 5.24 and I had to beg for that!!!
Think there is anything I can do about it?

Thanks,
Crickett :crying:

Not all credit ratings are the same. In fact, each institution can use different criteria and have substantially different numbers. I'm talking a 40 point spread here is possible. Also, just because your credit is very good, it doesn't mean you necessarily have the cash flow to make a purchase or said purchase will tap heavily into your cash flow due to other current obligations.

I don't claim to be a credit expert but there's many more variables to loan rates than strictly your credit rating.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Correction!

Capitol One offered me 60 months at 10.95%, not 10.45%. Crazy! I have excellent credit, make close to 50k per year, have no debt, and have about 30k in the bank. I will call them tommorow and ask why they approved me for such a lousy APR. I was so shocked when I initially spoke to them that I just told them to cancel my application, then I hung up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts