Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered my KN FIPK Kit yesterday. It was 250.00 for the kit and 10.00 for shipping. I got it from www.truckperformance.com . So when it comes in I will give you the butt dyno results and some pics of the install.
Rich

·
Registered
294 Posts
Before and after dyno results (hp and torque) would be great!!! Congrats...

·
Registered
497 Posts
hmm im still deciding if i should pick one up or buy a banks cat-back. that should hold me off a while till they hopefully make headers, and that should hold me off till they make a ecu-upgrade which will utilize thier intake. im sure a fipk and banks combo would sound very imtimidating though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ATitan4Me said:
Well I ordered my KN FIPK Kit yesterday. It was 250.00 for the kit and 10.00 for shipping. I got it from www.truckperformance.com . So when it comes in I will give you the butt dyno results and some pics of the install.
Rich
Is the tube from the intake manifold to the filter plastic? If so keep a close eye on it for cracks. I have a FIPK on my Ram and have replaced the tube once after it developed several cracks. I've seen a lot of guys on a dodge site who have replaced the tube several times. Don't get me wrong, the KIT was great and K&N is great about sending a new tube with few questions(make sure you keep your receipt/invoice) but I wonder how much dirt got sucked in before I noticed the cracks. Hopefully K&N has corrected the cracking problem or maybe it was only a problem on the Dodges. If I put an intake KIT on my Titan I think I'm going to look for something with a metal intake tube.

I didn't notice any drastic changes when I installed it but it made a pretty cool sound that you can even hear in the cab when your right foot gets heavy. Almost sounds like a supercharger spooling up.

Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be getting it on Tuesday the 6th. they had to order it from the manufacture and then ship it to me. So Tuesday is the big day. So thats when I will let you guys know whats up.
Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts