Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was screwing around with the schematics of the light bar and found a way to use the white lights only when your in reverse. It was pretty easy to do also. You just need a relay. If anyone wants too know just reply and i'll write something up the directions. I'll post pics when i get a chance. It's just really cold outside right now

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I guess you mean "the white lights only, when you are in reverse." Not "the white lights, only when you are in reverse."

So, you are using a relay to kill power to the red lights when in reverse? We'll let you do the writeup while you are inside, where it is warm. :)

Good info. Do post when you can. Many will appreciate that feature.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I would like to see this as well. The pink lighting is the main reason I have not purchased one yet.:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, these are some pics from the mod. I have a short video clip also but i just cant figure out how to post it. If someone could let me know how to post a clip that would be great. I'm just a little ticked off with this light bar. When I finished the mod yesterday and went to fire it up, I noticed one of the white LED bulbs were out. So otherwise everything worked the way I planned. I will give a write up right now but if you need something more in depth just let me know.

I started off with 3 relays for this mod.

1) Open the tailgate and taking out the 2 screws on the side of the left tail light. Then slide out the light.

2) Looking at the back of the light, you will see 3 bulb harnesses. Use the bottom one which is your reverse light (Red/Blue wire and green wire)
Red/Blue is your hot wire and Green is your ground.

3) Use 85 & 86 on the all relays. T-tap 85 into your + backup line and t-tap 86 into your Ground line. I used the ground going to the back-up light. So all 3 relays must be attached to these wires.

4) Splice the 3 Black wires on the led light bar(Shown on picture called LINE. there are a total of 4 wires. Don't splice the one with the plastic covering the prong, that is the ground wire. Cut the 3 with the prongs showing.

5) Take the # 30 wire on all 3 relays and connect them individually on the connector side of the splice.

6) Then take the number 78a wire on each relay and connect it to the other side of the splice going to the led light bar. Each 78a wire (there are 3 78a wirres all together) should get its own wire. NO DOUBLES on a wire.
"IMPORTANT!!!

*What this mod will do is cut the power to the red lights on the light bar through the relay. When the car is put into reverse, the white lights will light up and the red lights should be OFF. If you hook this up and get no red lights at all, but get red lights when you go into reverse with white lights also,
switch the 78a wires to 78.

78a on my relays were NORMALLY CLOSED
78 on my relays were NORMALLY OPEN

I hope this makes some type senses to you guys and if not just let me know and i could break it down with better instructions. Plus add some more pics to go along with the process. It really is pretty easy and cool when its done.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On this pic, there are really 5 wires there.

4 on the harness (Ground "white wire", Park lights , left side lights, right side lights)

1 by itself (Back up lights "white wire by itself")

IT JUST LOOKS LIKE 4 WIRES IN THE PICTURE.

SORRY

Attachments

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Impressive looking! I never got to see mine in reverse. lol. Good job, great contribution!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
roy365 said:
Good write up!!!! How do they operate normally? I would have thought they did this from the factory?
They dont work like that from the factory. That was the problem. When put into reverse, the white and red lights would come on looking pink. When in reverse, you are going to use the brake at some point and if you do the red lights on the light bar will go on. Does look so good. LOOKS PINK.

·
Registered
236 Posts
sorry I got lost at the part where you started talking about RELAYS. Do I just tap into the relay wires and connect it to the + backup line and t-tap 86 into your Ground line? or does that mean I need to purchase new relays? Is there any wires that I need to run? Did you also figure out how to stop the running lights from working? I was thinking to just cap of where the tail lights are. I believe the wire is brown on the 7 way connector. Any info would help.:):):):)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You actually need to buy 3 relays to do this mod. Its hard to describe the installation any better than i did. others user said it was very well explained.

I never had the time to figure out the running light problem you probably would need some more relays.

i dont really understand what you mean with the connections sorry

·
Registered
236 Posts
You actually need to buy 3 relays to do this mod. Its hard to describe the installation any better than i did. others user said it was very well explained.

I never had the time to figure out the running light problem you probably would need some more relays.

i dont really understand what you mean with the connections sorry
Where did you buy your relays from? So I buy 3 relays and follow your instructions? I also was told that all I needed to do was snip the wire for the running lights and that would solve the problem. This would be the 2nd wire next the covered ground wire. Thanks for the info and reply:redblob"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.