1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
wonder how it started that sucks

·
Registered
718 Posts
According to the owner it sat idling outside while he went to collect some stuff in the house. He also said he had noticed a weird smell while driving previously, but at the time he thought it was from outside the truck somewhere :-(

Now I'm getting paranoid; I have smelled what could be electrical insulation smoldering a few times in my truck (also a 2006). I'd take it to the dealer, but I'm sure I'll get the standard answer: "First time we ever heard of this"

·
Registered
718 Posts
On the different boards, about 3 times. OK, so maybe a dealer wouldn't have heard of it... :teeth:

But even if it had been reported 200 times, and a TSB had been issued, they would still use that line. I have learned to bring in printed proof of TSB's or even recalls, saves a lot of time with the service writer :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
here is an email i received from Bruce York U.S. Department Of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. Office of Defects Investigation:

Joe,

We have not had or do not have any investigation related to fires on any model year Nissan Titan Vehicles. We also do not have any Technical Service Bulletins related to fires on these vehicles. NHTSA is aware of one recall announced by Nissan related to wires short circuiting in the rear doors. Perhaps your fire is related to that recall. I have attached a copy of the recall for your reference.

Thank You,

Bruce York

so my problem can't be all that widespread... yet:paranoid:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
electrical fires are flukes, unfortunately they happen. A chipmonk could have nested in the firewall or some leaves got in there... could have been anything.

Also looks like the airbag blew out the windshield. Hate to see a poor TITAN go up in smoke.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I think it's important to understand, that these are rare incidents!!
Some people are just trying to make themselves feel better, after flaming others, about similar situations, by posting things like this. I think it's sad!! Those kind of people are two faced!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
the second picture where the drivers visor would be looks like a dead Rat. fire/roadkill.. although my heart does go out to you

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
thejosh said:
the second picture where the drivers visor would be looks like a dead Rat. fire/roadkill.. although my heart does go out to you
Its not funny but LMAO, you're thinking about a rat infestation.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hm, its not too sad watching out cheesy interior be melted down. but that sucks ***, if your going to sell stuff like the engine coughcough u should put it in a gokart because now u have a nice vk56DE to mess with and a 5 speed transmission. ahhem. yay for insurance. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts