Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing these on my '04 4x4 Titan and am having problems with the upper bracket on the drivers side. There is supposed to be a hole in the frame that you put a "nut on a stick" through and then a bolt up through the bracket and another hole in the frame into the "nut on a stick". My problem is that the frame does not have the hole in the frame to put the bolt through. Has anyone else that have installed these run into the same problem? I suppose I could just drill a hole but just wanted any other suggestions. The passenger side does have the hole but the bolt is about an inch short and cannot reach the nut. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just found a hole near the bolt and bent the stick of the nut on a stick to position it. good luck 'cause you gonna' luv 'em.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deebie47 said:
I just found a hole near the bolt and bent the stick of the nut on a stick to position it. good luck 'cause you gonna' luv 'em.
I've got the hole on the side of the frame for the stick to go through, I just am missing the hole on the bottom of the frame for the bolt to pass through. Good call on bending the "nut on a stick", I'll have to try that. Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
On my 04 the hole is about even with the back of the shock bracket. Good luck with the install. If you didn't go with the pump option you might keep a gauge handy in the truck. The ride is kind of harsh without the load on the hitch and towing pressure in the bags. Seems like I always forget to deflate them until I'm on my way to town.

04 LE, KC, BT, OR

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I had the hole on both sides. And like others said I had to bend the stick so it would sit level and not cross thread it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know this is an old(er) post but I'm grasping at straws... Bought a used set of bags from too_ruff that are in GR8 condition. However there are no instructions :( any idea where I can obtain them or any wild chance you still have yours?

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks to this here Interent I found the instructions :)

Was actually easier than I expected. Installed them yesterday all by my lonesome and all went well.

These Firestone bags are actually very well designed and the thought process for the install is very GOOD.

The nut on a stick was a good challenge but works well too :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts