Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local tire guy is selling Firestone Destination A/T's for $650/set in P285/70/17. He also has the BFG A/T KO's for $850/set in the same size but with an LT rating (I think D or E).

I really like the look of the BFG's but I'm concerned with their higher purchase price and most likely higher fuel consumption price since they're a heavier tire. I plan on doing some light off-roading and winter driving but figure 90% of my driving will be done on the pavement and mostly highway. I tow maybe once a month and only about 3000-5000lbs at the most.

what should I go with??

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I don't know anything about the firestones, but have lots of friends who love their bfg's. only downsides I have heard is that A) they're heavy B) they collect rocks in the tread really easy

I'd take the bfg if it was me

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have owned both tires, and if I were you the firestone destinations for that price is the better choice in my opinion, they are light, quieter, and less ezpensive. The bfgs in my opinion are a better looking tire but overall my choice would ne firestone ats..

·
Registered
251 Posts
I too have owned both, currently running the Destination ATs. For my type of driving I prefer the Destination AT's. Lighter and less expensive, and better wet traction. My "off roading" is hunting club dirt roads and trails... the Destination AT's do fine.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
depends on what your main concern is for looks BFG A/T FTW! price firestone obv....bfg is a good quality tire but really soft rubber so if you like to turn fast and spin the tires keep that in mind!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
yeah if thats tax mounted/balanced it is good

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I've had both too, currently running the AT's. The AT's are smoother and quieter than the BFG's. I drive in a lot of snow and do some mild off-roading. I am very happy with the Firestone's. Another thing to consider is the warrantee. The AT's have a 50k warrantee in a P rated tire. Most LT rated tires do not have a mileage warrantee. I think the price for the AT's is great, I got mine 5 months ago for $780 althought they are 275/65/18's

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've had both too, currently running the AT's. The AT's are smoother and quieter than the BFG's. I drive in a lot of snow and do some mild off-roading. I am very happy with the Firestone's. Another thing to consider is the warrantee. The AT's have a 50k warrantee in a P rated tire. Most LT rated tires do not have a mileage warrantee. I think the price for the AT's is great, I got mine 5 months ago for $780 althought they are 275/65/18's
how did u paint your rims?

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
They are bedlined with rustoleum bedliner, do a search and you will find many threads about how it's done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts