Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Awesome pictures, Mario! I forgot you chased after those girls. :jester: I think that might have been the last ride for the season out there as it is getting too hot. If you ever want to go to El Mirage, I'll hit you up when we go. We usually just go up for the day. Take it easy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
4X4SoCalTitan said:
Awesome pictures, Mario! I forgot you chased after those girls. :jester: I think that might have been the last ride for the season out there as it is getting too hot. If you ever want to go to El Mirage, I'll hit you up when we go. We usually just go up for the day. Take it easy.
Thanks.

lol. I should've gone to the ice cream truck too, but that means I would've ended up buying a $4 DrumStik. Those girls weren't worth it. :ftard:

Yea definitely hit me up when you head out to El Mirage. I live about 30 minutes from there.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Whats up everyone we did the Glamis things and it was a blast I dont know if its too soon or not but we should head out to pismo and gather up by the beach...:eek:ldschool

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
hooligan said:
great pics guys! had to work that whole weekend, but [email protected], i really wanted to have fun and rip the titan through the flats!!! definitely gonna have to change the title from annual to bi-annual!!!
I wouldnt mind going again :) I know I will sometime in the new season since its starting to get hot I probably wont go till october again.

We will have to look into getting one for before new years in the new riding season :). Hopefully we can plan this one a bit more in advance for people to go :).

I will let someone from cali schedule a Pismo meet since i may not actually be able to go but that sounds like a great idea too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
4x4SoCalTitan is the Pismo expert from what I gathered. I think he should set up the 1st annual pismo titan meet.:futwice:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ya i am sure we will do this again just too hot now! I am sure some of us will be suggesting it in the coming year.
Planning a lake havasu trip now in July 21st & 22nd if some one is up for it! taking the gpr's out but if some one wants to set a date BEFORE OR AFTER for a river run or a meet at a lake in AZ count me in fur sure!!
i am moor a jet ski nut then a quad guy :teeth:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Updated videos in my sig. Not the best but hey.. they are videos lol.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Now this is a Sobe Bomb

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Derwud said:
Now this is a Sobe Bomb
I know I will help us achieve the actual sobe bomb part next time :).. which Is why I called it a Torch instead :) Its still cool.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Yes last weekend was unusualy hot for this early in the season, however I would not say it is too hot to go again... Typicaly it is not that hot untillt he end of april/beginning of may. I have a feeling it was jsut an odd weekend. I was out there president weekend and and it was alot cooler.

I'm down for a second trip, but I had to send my CPI pipes back since they were both leaking oil. Depends when the chromer finishes the new set as to wether or not I will make another trip before the end of april.

Already swapped out my jets for the warmer temps so I won't be getting beat up the hill as easily next time.

Pics on the way! I just got my PC back up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
Yes last weekend was unusualy hot for this early in the season, however I would not say it is too hot to go again... Typicaly it is not that hot untillt he end of april/beginning of may. I have a feeling it was jsut an odd weekend. I was out there president weekend and and it was alot cooler.

I'm down for a second trip, but I had to send my CPI pipes back since they were both leaking oil. Depends when the chromer finishes the new set as to wether or not I will make another trip before the end of april.

Already swapped out my jets for the warmer temps so I won't be getting beat up the hill as easily next time.

Pics on the way! I just got my PC back up.
That was a weird weekend, temp. wise. The temperature is rising, but it forecasted to drop for next week. This dude around town has a huge sticker on his rear view window that reads "Four-strokes are like tampons, every p***y has one." He must be a die hard 2-stroke rider, or is in denial :boxing: . I am down for another weekend.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rusty and I are down for another trip when it cools down.
4X4 & Mario, let me know when you guys head upto Mirage. I can meet you up there. I am only an hour away.
Great vids Faith; I knew it wasn't right with that VDC on when we were heading up the hill.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
red_rider_elsinore said:
This dude around town has a huge sticker on his rear view window that reads "Four-strokes are like tampons, every p***y has one." He must be a die hard 2-stroke rider, or is in denial :boxing: ..
I use to hate them until I rode a new YZ400, Wow... Now the only 2 stroke I have is my Daughters 50... But I stil love the sound and performance of the Banshee....

·
Registered
110 Posts
TitanDuner said:
Rusty and I are down for another trip when it cools down.
4X4 & Mario, let me know when you guys head upto Mirage. I can meet you up there. I am only an hour away.
Great vids Faith; I knew it wasn't right with that VDC on when we were heading up the hill.
I will definitely let you guys know. Jon (with the white Suzuki LTR 450) and I are planning to head out to El Mirage on Saturday, March 31st. Are you guys free that weekend? :cheers:

·
Registered
110 Posts
As far as Pismo (a.k.a. Oceano Dunes) goes, I'm thinking sometime in July or August. I will bring it up in the beginning of June so we can all vote on the dates and ensure that everyone can get their passes in time. Unlike Glamis, I believe these passes are limited so you would want to get them 30 days in advance.

One cool thing about Pismo is that it is right outside the Town of Pismo Beach [population 8,600] :jester: so you can run back into town for anything (beer, gas, restaurant food, etc). There is a cool bar up the street from the entrance to Pismo that gets pretty crowded during the weekend nights. :cheers:

This will be a fun trip. It will sure beat the HEAT of Glamis.

Here is some info about Pismo: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207 and http://www.slostateparks.com/oceano_dunes/default.asp

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Derwud said:
I use to hate them until I rode a new YZ400, Wow... Now the only 2 stroke I have is my Daughters 50... But I stil love the sound and performance of the Banshee....

I dunno about denial, I don't see too many 100+ HP 4stroke quads, unless they are custom streetbike motors....I have sceen that sicker before though heh. The biggest thing the new 4-strokes having going for them is suspension geometry, and low end grunt,and WAY better Gas Mileage (sorry about that guys heh). Cost vs Performance is definatly still going to be the two stroke side as far as ATV's for now... 4 strokes is 2 strokes too many :p

But yea I rode a 400Z and it was comfy compared to my Bansh with stock suspension, then I dumped like3k into the suspension and now it's up to date, although if I did the same on the 400 450 etc it would still be better. One thign I got though is the nice Classic Comfy Banshee Seat. I rode a 450 and the seat was **** haha.

Banshee Motors are extreamly old technology like back in the 70's, the 4 stroke technology is catching up / more advanced in many ways , but damn it is more complex...Rebuilding a two stroke is cake, with the expensive parts in a 450 it's almost just cheaper to buy a new motor.

I have never been to El Mirage, would I need to purchase Skidplates for the banshee? I don't have the stock skid over my brake disk since I bought the extended arm, and have only ridden sand since then. Chrome holds up great in sand but I'm not sure about rocks...

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
just out of curiosity -

If the temps go down soon.. would you all be up for another trip to glamis before the summer hits? I just found out I paid the feds too much (as usual) and that may get me another trip, this time bring the wife but not the kids.

If so how much time do you guys need 2 weeks?

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
DESERTDOG said:
Here we go again hows Easter weekend last big dune party of the year?
this time i will be pulling a new toyhauler
ITS A TITAN!! woot!!

I just wanted to find out some peeps thoughts before we go scheduling one again. If not I will find my other buds out there and shoot video of me up comp and olds :)

21 - 40 of 66 Posts