Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
4-strokes 4ever :futwice: I learned to ride on a 4-stroke, then got a 125cc 2-stroke ( talk about narrow powerband) and now have a 400ex & yz426f. I wish I had an '07 yz250 for the track. What's hp w/out torque. Just kidding, I don't want to start a debate here. I miss the easy starting and sound of 2-strokes. When my lil bro isn't looking I take his yz85 for a spin. :upsidedow We only have around 5 more weeks before it gets too hot.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
DESERTDOG said:
Here we go again hows Easter weekend last big dune party of the year?
this time i will be pulling a new toyhauler
Look its just a little guy. Hehe. Looks like you guys had a load of fun one of these days I'll have to join.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll be heading to El Mirage Saturday the 24th if anyone would like to join. PM me. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
4X4SoCalTitan said:
I'll be heading to El Mirage Saturday the 24th if anyone would like to join. PM me. :cheers:
lol I would but -

PM system said:
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. 4X4SoCalTitan has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Clean that inbox man!! lol.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ya that titan toyhauler is not a bad little buggy you think 13,000 is too much for a 22footer i can use 20foot for quads and stuff its a front kitchen and i can sit on the can and stretch out my legs and not touch the other side of the shower and i am 6'6'' the one we towed to glamis was 26 foot and i had to crap with the door open not so good bad lay out for quads to for sure

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm planning to head out to glamis for my first time on the second weekend of April. I have a couple questions for anyone that wants to answer. Will it be too hot then? I can handle up to 95. Can a 2wd survive out there? I go riding in johnson valley all the time and there is not many rules for riding out there, I know you need a whip in glamis anything else I need to know? And are the rangers real strict on registration? Also if anyone wants to go you are more than welcome. Thanks in advance for the answers.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Will it be too hot? Maybe. Id say it would be the last good riding time to go is around the time you are going (Easter is usually the last trip I hear about every year)

2wd could survive at lowered tire pressures and with a 4wd there to rescue you or possibly a Rhino :) I wouldnt go through the dunes but staying on the sand highway you should be decent. Bring a shovel and some stuff to help you get out - tow rope ect. Remember not to stop till you want to :)

I made a thread on what to think about with the glamis trip maybe peek at that see if it helps. LINK

If you are for some reason pulled over they will question you on the registration. Otherwise they tend to leave people not doing anything wrong alone.

There are a few people thinking about going so maybe if they start responding here you guys can open a new thread to meet up out there :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
faith+1 said:
Will it be too hot? Maybe. Id say it would be the last good riding time to go is around the time you are going (Easter is usually the last trip I hear about every year)

2wd could survive at lowered tire pressures and with a 4wd there to rescue you or possibly a Rhino :) I wouldnt go through the dunes but staying on the sand highway you should be decent. Bring a shovel and some stuff to help you get out - tow rope ect. Remember not to stop till you want to :)

I made a thread on what to think about with the glamis trip maybe peek at that see if it helps. LINK

If you are for some reason pulled over they will question you on the registration. Otherwise they tend to leave people not doing anything wrong alone.

There are a few people thinking about going so maybe if they start responding here you guys can open a new thread to meet up out there :)

Thanks for the info. Where can I buy a whip.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
TitanRider said:
Thanks for the info. Where can I buy a whip.
Quad shop / the Sand Mall in Glamis / the Sand Beach Store in Glamis.

Just figure out how to mount it to your truck before you go and buy a bunch of things to tie it down in your bed if you want to do it that way.

I knew I should of taken pictures of how everyone did it last trip. Pretty much everyone did it a different way so it would of been good pictures.

·
Registered
86 Posts
TitanRider said:
I'm planning to head out to glamis for my first time on the second weekend of April. I have a couple questions for anyone that wants to answer. Will it be too hot then? I can handle up to 95. Can a 2wd survive out there? I go riding in johnson valley all the time and there is not many rules for riding out there, I know you need a whip in glamis anything else I need to know? And are the rangers real strict on registration? Also if anyone wants to go you are more than welcome. Thanks in advance for the answers.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/index.php?name=main

This site has a lot of info that you might be interested in checking out. Do you have any idea where you are staying? I would recommend Gecko Rd.
You staying in a tent or have a trailer?

·
Registered
297 Posts
TitanDuner said:
http://www.glamisdunes.com/index.php?name=main

This site has a lot of info that you might be interested in checking out. Do you have any idea where you are staying? I would recommend Gecko Rd.
You staying in a tent or have a trailer?
I have never been there so I have no idea where I would stay. I want to be as close as possible to the dunes. I have 2 riding buddies that want to go that both have trailers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
first time boy are you going to have fun! just watch out for the back side of the each dune some have a tendency to just drop off in to a world of hurt!
Should be 80-90 by Saturday! stay cool take a camel back water pack!
and don't forget the BEER!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
TitanRider said:
I have never been there so I have no idea where I would stay. I want to be as close as possible to the dunes. I have 2 riding buddies that want to go that both have trailers.
I would recommend that you guys stay off Gecko road. It is my personal preference and the dunes are easy to get to. your buddies trailers can park right off the road but make sure you don't go to far off the road because the sand will get soft.
Yea, bring lots of water and BEER! :cheers:
Don't forget to snap some pics of your trip. you will have a blast!

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Justintoxicated said:
More Pictures
LOL that one of us walking back to our trucks is hillarious..

We are all in line like our trucks!!

Natural environment Sand Vehicle Tourism Car

Good pics :)

41 - 60 of 66 Posts