Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first bow kill ever, she was about 20 yards. I shoot her with a muzzy 100 grain tip. She fell right in place, good thing, because I am not the best tracker. This is my second season hunting with a bow and I FINALLY got one. BTW she weighed 90 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it wasn't exactly where I was aiming. I think I used the 40 yard pin instead of the 20 yard pin.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Around my neck of the woods, you wouldn't even need to marinate that tender vittle...So much corn and soya around Southern Ontario, it's like you're eating cow...

Those neck/spine shots drop 'em everytime...

Congrats..

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Congrats Helo. The first one is the hardest, the next one will come easier.
If I were limited to one weapon for deer hunting I would choose my bow anytime.
Again......Congrats!!!!!

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I really need to learn to make sure I pick the right pin. I missed already this year and almost missed this one. For some reason I get stupid when they are in front of me with my bow. I don't have the problem with the gun even out to 400 yards.

I just got back out the woods. Today and tomorrow are the youth hunting days and I brought my 8 year old this morning. He got cold so we left early. Bringing my 12 year old this afternoon, then I will switch them around tomorrow, the 12 year old in the morning and the 8 year old in the evening.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Good one Helo...
That will be some gooooooood eatin there !!!!
It would be cool if if one of your boys got their first one this weekend also...

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
redneckpapa1996 said:
Good one Helo...
That will be some gooooooood eatin there !!!!
It would be cool if if one of your boys got their first one this weekend also...
Thanks, it would be awesome if both my boys could get one. The 8 year old is a die hard outdoorsman, give him a gun or a fishing pole and he is happy, the 12 year old not so much. I let my youngest shoot that hog that I had in a pin he was excited. We will give it another try this afternoon.

Right now I have a ice chest with a hog in it and another with the doe in it. I am letting them sit in ice to bleed out. I found that is the best thing to do with the meat.

·
Registered
398 Posts
man that thing didnt run too far!....laughing, if you dont mind me asking how many pounds are you drawing... and what kind of bow? oh by the way, nice kill!

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
titanical said:
man that thing didnt run too far!....laughing, if you dont mind me asking how many pounds are you drawing... and what kind of bow? oh by the way, nice kill!
It is a bowtech diamond with 70 lbs draw. She actually flipped over backwards and fell. I had to unscrewed the broadhead and it was still hard to pull through the bones.

·
Registered
398 Posts
helomech said:
It is a bowtech diamond with 70 lbs draw. She actually flipped over backwards and fell. I had to unscrewed the broadhead and it was still hard to pull through the bones.
damn it man! she surely got messed up! nice kill..... wish me luck im going to sit again in the morning..... i seen three does well actually 2 does and a spotted fawn, couldnt get any kind of shot, maybe tomorrows a better day

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man, doing it with a bow is the way to go, I have an old Martin Warthog that got me a Spanish goat on Catalina island some years ago, going to use it for turkey this year. Good shot! Yagger.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bigjimbo said:
nice man. at least you kept your arrow...dont know how many times mine would pass through and I would never find them and those suckers arent cheap.

How do you like those Muzzy's?
That was my first deer with a bow, so I don't have alot of field testing, but this one went clean through her neck. That is quite a bit of bone and it broke it with no problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts