Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it happened. I knew it would. And what a day for it. I was heading to Atlanta Motor Speedway for "Hot Laps". That's a promotional thing from Marlboro. You get to ride the track in an Iroc Dodge Avenger, averaging 140mph. Then, you get to feel a road course in a Ford GTS. Finally, they take you drifting in a Mustang. So there I was...Heading through ATL traffic on Hwy 75 on my way to the fun filled adventure. I got to Tara BLVD, and there weren't as many cars. When here comes an F150 (5.4 Triton) K-Cab , jumping around in the left lane beside me. I guessed he wanted to play. I've had Sophie, that's her name, for less than a month. She's a 2007 SE, Tow Package, Crew Cab (Bone Stock except a new grill and nerf bars). She was 2,470 miles young. I figured she was ready. At about 45 MPH, I accepted the challenge. In less than a couple hundred yards, I had two lengths. My first kill :futwice: We came to a light. Ford Boy romped it a couple a times beside me. I ignored it, just sitting there. He ended up ahead of me. My seat was about even with the middle of his bed. The light changed. I had a full tank of gas, but I wasn't worried. I'd done my homework. When the light changed, I could tell he was left footing the brake. I didn't. I GAVE him the jump, just for fun. He never got the rear bumper past my grill. In very short order, at about 105 MPH, I waved at him in the rearview. Sophie loves third gear! I pulled off the road into a praking lot, expecting him to follow. I guess he got enough. He did a ricer pass and never let off. :cheers: I guess Sophie was just in the mood, being that close to ATL Motor Speedway and all. I ended the whole experience with some pictures of her in the grass in front of turn three. Very cool ending, but I really wanted to take a left out of the pit garages and give her a couple laps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts