Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got around to doing my first oil change today at about 1300 miles. The much feared oil filter gorilla at the factory must of been on break for my truck since my filter came off without a fight. The drip shield below the filter is a nice touch. Prevents a real mess. Having to remove the panel under the front of the engine is a bit of a pain. An oil filter access door would be much nicer.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Oil Filter Gorilla-hahaha. That's funny. Yes they do need to add an access door, at least you only have to loosen the two rear bolts-not completely remove them.

·
Super Moderator
93,870 Posts
Glad it went well for you. What oil and filter did you use?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arachnid said:
Glad it went well for you. What oil and filter did you use?
Nothing fancy. I just used 5W-30 Valvoline dino oil with a Purolator filter.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Exocet said:
Having to remove the panel under the front of the engine is a bit of a pain. An oil filter access door would be much nicer.
Glad it went well for you. I'm from the old school myself and stick with the old fashioned dino stuff [5w30 Penzoil] and change every 3-4k. Good choice on the filter, by the way.

My truck has an access door for the oil filter, I guess that must come with the off road package.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Yes the offroad package comes with the access door for the filter.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think the oil filter gorilla got laid off or fired becuase mine was easy to get off too.Good choice of oil filter.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
TitanBlues Oil Filter Access Panel

You can modify your sheetmetal cover to have a trap door. Here is what I did. Just used some scrap Diamond Plate, a spare Latch laying around, a few rivets and Aluminum Hinge. A bit Heavy Duty, but works well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Re: TitanBlues Oil Filter Access Panel

TitanBlue said:
You can modify your sheetmetal cover to have a trap door. Here is what I did. Just used some scrap Diamond Plate, a spare Latch laying around, a few rivets and Aluminum Hinge. A bit Heavy Duty, but works well.
What a great job! You could make those and sell them. All you need is an extra to start with and do an exchange program to get replacements.
If you spray it black it would blend right in.

Clint

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

TitanBlue said:
I like that idea as well. Nice job!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts

High Five to Blue for a cool post.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

TitanBlue said:
Wow! TB, nice job! That is some heavy duty handiwork! You are like the mod-genius for the do-it-yourselfers! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
93,870 Posts
Very nice! The hinge and latch is an excellent idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.