Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am headed in for service for my Titan on Monday the 22nd. I have had the truck for 4 weeks and it's got about 950 miles on it. When I called for a service appointment today (the alignment needs tweakin') I asked the service guy about an oil change. He said Nissan recommends even the first change to be at 3750. That goes against everything I have ever heard about new engines, but he said the Endurance engines are built to tolerances that allow the first change at such a long interval.

What gives? Do you guys agree / disagree? Why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would do the first one at 1000 just for peace of mind. Get all that crap from the new engine out. Then go 3-4k from there on out.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
bvstone1 said:
I would do the first one at 1000 just for peace of mind. Get all that crap from the new engine out. Then go 3-4k from there on out.
I agree 1000%, in fact I'm at 600 and will get the oil changed this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Did my 1st at 1,000 miles. The second will be after I get back from a 2,500 mile road trip which will put me at 5K miles. Slighty over what I wanted to do so I might have to break down and have a Nissan shop in Florida before I head back up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would do the first at 1000 miles and then simply follow the 3000 mile schedule. I plan on having my oil tested at around 10k to see what kind of things are going on. this will help determine the intervals at which I then start changing my oil.
Rich

·
Registered
56 Posts
ATitan4Me,

How and where do you get your oil tested? How much does it cost?

Thanks,
D

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
uh oh, time to change my oil. i'm coming up on 2000 miles and still no oil change, i'm okay right? oh well i'll do it tomorrow.

GO BUSH!!!

Kerry is no bueno!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts