Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed in for service for my Titan on Monday the 22nd. I have had the truck for 4 weeks and it's got about 950 miles on it. When I called for a service appointment today (the alignment needs tweakin') I asked the service guy about an oil change. He said Nissan recommends even the first change to be at 3750. That goes against everything I have ever heard about new engines, but he said the Endurance engines are built to tolerances that allow the first change at such a long interval.

What gives? Do you guys agree / disagree? Why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
bvstone1 said:
I would do the first one at 1000 just for peace of mind. Get all that crap from the new engine out. Then go 3-4k from there on out.
I agree 1000%, in fact I'm at 600 and will get the oil changed this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Did my 1st at 1,000 miles. The second will be after I get back from a 2,500 mile road trip which will put me at 5K miles. Slighty over what I wanted to do so I might have to break down and have a Nissan shop in Florida before I head back up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would do the first at 1000 miles and then simply follow the 3000 mile schedule. I plan on having my oil tested at around 10k to see what kind of things are going on. this will help determine the intervals at which I then start changing my oil.
Rich

·
Registered
56 Posts
ATitan4Me,

How and where do you get your oil tested? How much does it cost?

Thanks,
D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts