Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got some time to take the truck in for it's first LOF at 2k miles. It's not the dealership I bought from, but it's right down the street from where I live. When I got the Titan back I didn't even think of making a quick walk around the vehicle to make sure everything was kosher. After I got home (about 4 miles away), I noticed a black powdery substance, almost like graphite, in a splatter pattern on the rear quarter panels behind the rear wheels. It was caked on the splash guards and had splattered all the way back to the chrome on the outer edges of the back bumper. When I swiped a couple of fingers across it, it came off in a thick black powdery layer on my fingers. I don't drive my truck hard, nor do I plan too. What I was wondering was...is it possible to do a burnout in our trucks? Long enough to actually make this pattern. This substance is nowhere to be found in the front, just the rears and it's more prevelant on the right rear where most of the power hits the ground. There's also a brand new relatively deep scratch on the right front quarter panel, which I obviously can't blame them for being that I didn't do an actual walk-around when I picked up. Please somebody tell me that this wasn't the result of some dumbass technician doing burnies in the parking lot with my brand new truck!
I'm sure it's just me blowing something small out of proportion but I'll still be doing my own oil changes from now on.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Or maybe it's from the exhaust of a car or truck that was in the bay next to it while it was at the shop. Exhaust blew on your truck. Both sides?

Did you armorall the tires?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh, a rational explanation

The tire dressing that get's slopped on at the dealership when they do a "detail". I've heard that it attracts brake dust and then gets all over everything else. We all know about the excessive brake dust on our trucks. I just kinda expected that it would be a big greasy mess rather than a dry, flaky powdery substance. It's weird that it's only in the rear... but that is where the drive axle is. No matter, your explanation makes more sense.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It armoral. get it on my white car everytime i put it on the tires.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If it was rubber, you'd be able to tell by the smell.

I had something similar on mine the day it came home.. tire dressing everywhere. Finally washed her for the first time today in the driveway. Started on the wheels and when I was done I couldn't believe how dirty they had gotten. The whitletters were even dark, and after some simple green and scrubbing, they looked awesome.

By the way, if you ever want your chrome to shine like a Christmas penny with little elbow grease, I've been using Turtle Wax Chrome polish for years with awesome results. You think it's shiny, then after using that you KNOW it's shiny! (BTW, this is the only Turtle Wax product i use or recommend... hehe..)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts